Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Silly hammie

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by K1nS, May 14, 2010.

1. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

I woke up this morning to find Moon had pulled his bedding into his tubes and hes gone to sleep in there! He looks soooo cute! I'm wondering if its because he feels safer in there? Anyway, heres some pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

Sausage did that when I first got him but it meant he hardly came out as he ate weed and slept in there! So I had to confiscate them for a while :D

They go in the tubes when I take them in the car too, so I'm guessing they do feel safer there :)

3. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I agree with Flissy.. Cause it will get very smelly in that tube.. LOL Chewie wouldn't come out of hers at first so I took them off her.. Lol

4. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Can you buy covers to put over the holes?

5. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

I got one from pets at home... I just asked for a replacement yellow square piece and it had the bubble end piece attached that blocks it off. Rotastak plugs also work :)

6. momentofmadness

Yeah i got mine with the cage cos I got it second hand..lol But you can get them from P@H..

7. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

I might get them next time I get paid then, see how he gets on first :)

I have just had him out in his ball and he got out lmao. The ball I bought is kinda bendy and the lid doesn't shut properly, as I just found out!! Hes okay though, managed to catch him before he went under the sofa! :thumbup:

8. momentofmadness

LOL princess Neeco is an expert at escaping balls.. I have loads of types and she can get out of them all.. She just continually crashes into things with them.... Then they come open in the end..lol

9. ButterflyBlue

ButterflyBlue PetForums Senior

my first hammy was doing that too, sleeping in his tubes - but when i registered on a forum ages ago they said to remove the tubes until he gets used to sleeping in his nest because it can get damp inside the tubes if he sleeps there then he will get breathing problems :confused: dunno if thats true but i removed it anyway then put it back in a month later and it was fine

10. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I've recently got a new hamster, she would sleep in the tubes during the day, but in the morning she'd be in her bed, but then get back in the tubes during the day sometime, this was when she was really shy and nervous. She's really come out of herself now though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice