Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Silly cat!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jackie C, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

We all pretend our cats are smart, but sometimes, they are just plain stupid.

Holly, if she goes out the back way, but then wants to come in, will jump up at the backdoor and rattle the gate. As it makes a bang, she's smart enough to realise this gets our attention.
    However, if she wants to come in the front, she doesn't meow, she doesn't/can't jump up, but at the same time somehow thinks we know she's there!! She thinks we can read her mind. And she gets really irritated if we don't let her in! If she's been waiting a while, we get shouted at. She makes a very loud meow when she walks in and will demand food.
    She also doesn't mind the rain (unless it's throwing it down) and will happily go out, but if it's windy, she hates it. But she will see how naff the weather is out the back, decide she's not going out, and then will walk through the house to the front door to see if the weather is any different.

Yesterday, she came from somewhere in the house, and had a cobweb on her head, which always makes me laugh, but yesterday she also had a spider on her ear!! I couldn't stop laughing.
    119268910_10157840876106275_4684444702943663408_o.jpg

What stupid things does your cat do?

Psygon, Charity, Orla and 2 others like this.
  2. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

Well, Annie is known to enjoy a cleansing bath in BBQ ashes.

771A0D4C-481A-4455-A4C9-ADF8A73F3B48.jpeg

When Mojo first came here we continued the lead and harness walks while introductions were on, as he couldn’t just go into the garden then.

On one walk he enjoyed a soil bath.

B84521C0-ECC3-4C19-89C7-386C400FE098.jpeg

Psygon, Charity and Jackie C like this.
  3. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

What is it with them? I cut Dave's hair (in the garden as I don't want bits of hair all over my house), and she'll go and roll in it! Or she'll come in and have those sticky grass seeds stuck all over her fur and then gives me a dirty look when I remove them.

Charity, Whompingwillow and ChaosCat like this.
  4. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Heh. Oscar will check the dining room door (where he usually goes out after having his tablets in the morning)...and if the weather is not to his liking he will then go to check the conservatory doors and then the back door (if we don’t open it to prove it’s the same weather, he will just stare through the cat flap). I obviously haven’t managed to convince him yet that there are not three different weather systems at each door. He also never figured out that he could go out of the cat flap, only that he could come in through it...and even then he’d rather just plaintively meow until we open the back door for him. We always say, “Oscar, you have a key” but he forgets...or he doesn’t fancy squueeeeeezing in through the flap :)

Jackie C, Lurcherlad and ChaosCat like this.
  5. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

Misty is another who thinks it doesn't rain at every window and will check each one hoping for better weather.
    She also zooms inside and leaps up the wall in the hall, then zooms straight back outside. No idea what goes on in that little head sometimes.
    Oh and of course, she nags to go out then immediately goes to another window and wants to come in.:rolleyes:

Jackie C likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice