Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Silent Season

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jan 27, 2012.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

How would you know wether your dog had a silent season??

I really thought Xiva was going to be coming into season soon when my friends entire male was reeaaaly interested in her. But nothing :confused:

2. trixiemixy

trixiemixy Guest

From what I've read on the internet you can't really tell, only tests at the vet can tell. But don't quote me on this I may be completely wrong :lol:

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

It's just... her nipples look like Dixie's and I am sure that they stay small and flat until first season :confused:

4. trixiemixy

trixiemixy Guest

Well maybe she is :confused:

I'm not really sure TBH but did read somewhere that you can't always tell with silent seasons, so maybe just keep an eye on her. I think Venus is coming into season as her nipples have changed and she's slightly swollen. BUT it's been for the last few weeks so maybe Xiva is coming in and showing all signs and she'll start within the next week or so. :)

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Can anyone show me a pic of what puppy nipples look like before a season and a bitch who has had a season?

I want to know if I have been waiting all this time for nothing. Would be typical :rolleyes:

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Button has silent seasons the only way I know is because the boys start to follow her around and licking were she has had a wee. Also there are sometimes small spots of blood were she has wee'ed.

This is Lily she had her first season in november you can just about see her last 2 nipples you can't see any others with her being long coated. The only bitches I have who haven't had a season are the iggie pups and they will not keep still long enough to take a photo but their nipples are flat.

[​IMG]

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Thank you, that's what Xiva's nipples look like.
    My friends collie who has not had a season due to being ill has flat nipples.
    Also her lady bits look the same as Dixie's and not like the puppies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice