Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Silent but violent!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LisaZonda, Jan 5, 2012.

1. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Ok, little Nikita has an embarrassing personnal issue!....She farts lots...no noise but god do they smell!!

When we first got her I did think the first few days she might get a bit of the the old sloppy poops or wind due to the stress of being brought to her new surroundings etc but she has settled in beautifully right from the start, her poo is as it should be so no upset tummy issues or anything.

At the moment she is laid fast asleep on her back on the rug, looking about as chilled out as a puppy can be...but every now and then a truly nasty pong wafts our way while she carries on snoozing, I wish farts were coloured...at least that way we could see them coming and have some warning!

2. astro2011

astro2011 PetForums VIP

Astro does the exact same thing. You think it's safe because he's asleep, but you're not. The are silent killers in my opinion!

3. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Poor you!!! (although I did :lol: a little!)

Maybe try a different food in a few weeks?

4. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

I'll send Denver round to you then it will be 'double trouble'!

5. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Well that is my plan, at the moment she is on Royal Canin...which isn't my choice but the breeder had her on it, I was going to just give it a bit of time on the same thing as I didn't want to risk upsetting her diet while she's still getting used to us and her new home....then I'm hoping to get her onto raw.

Until then I'll have to just put up with the stinky little bugger :rolleyes:

6. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Can't I just send Nikita to you instead?! ;)

7. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Sounds like you've got it all under control :) In the meantime invest in some pegs? :D

8. Longton Flyball

Longton Flyball PetForums Senior

We've never heard or smelt any of Clover's so we are lucky but Duke does silent one's and one's that are very quiet but he does them then looks at my husband with disgust and huff's then walks off as though he's blaming him :lol:

9. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Not sure I could bear it - Denver's are 'real' killers! You don't just smell them you taste them. :eek:

10. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

I guess on the plus side if I do one I can just blame Nikita....every cloud and all that! hahaha :D

11. Autaven

Autaven PetForums Member

My Izzie has no shame, they're louder than a human's I swear!
    George has the same problem though, silent and deadly :p

12. aspire5532

aspire5532 PetForums Junior

i feel your pain lol charlie our black lab has the same issue (as i write this he has just delivered a what my daughter calls "serious gas" in the room) i had fed charlie on bagged food until we got frankie and she was on the Barf (raw) diet and we have introduced him to the raw food so far it has reduced the gas issue fingers crossed once hes fully on it we will be smelling roses not "serious gas"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice