Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Signs you're getting old...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by catz4m8z, Jan 27, 2012.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

This morning 2 catalogues dropped through my letterbox. 1 a trendy clothes catalogue and one seed catalogue.
    Guess which one went straight in the bin and which one I have spent a happy 15 minutes perusing and planning my garden over!!:D
    Well, you cant eat a pair of 4ins heels can you??, and they are murder to weed in!!:lol:

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

LOL :D :D :D

Definately the beginning of the end ;)

I look forward to seeing pics of the garden in the summer though :D

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Same here, we now get the Gardening News delivered for only a £1 and it comes with FREE SEEDS, you can get alot of plants free with only p&p to pay for.

Garden News | gardennewsmagazine.co.uk.

4. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

A sign you're getting old is when you no longer bin old trainers but keep them as 'They'll be ok for doing the gardening.....' :eek:

:D

5. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

LOL, I'm the same now as well

Years ago my fave shop would have been Top Shop now it seems to be Millets for sensible anoraks & comfy walking boots :D

6. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I used to buy all the gossip mags every week
    Now once a month i just buy the magazine "Your Dog" lot more intresting then all the idle gossip of what celebs are doing lol and cheaper as well coz i only get 1 mag a month now instead of 4 a week:)

7. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

Yep, I'm with you. OHs parents give us money for Christmas every year... A few years ago we'd have been spending it on clothes, DVDs etc....

This year........

Greenhouse Staging :001_tongue:

8. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I thought PF was starting to smell of lavender :lol: I'm surrounded by golden oldies! :eek: I have to be honest and say that I'm bit green-fingered :)

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

ooooh, I'll have to investigate that one!!;)

Sadly I dont have old trainers....I just happily wear the tatty ones out til the soles wear out or fall off!!:eek:

I love Your Dog mag!! SOmetimes I buy it and sometimes I just read the whole thing standing in the shop!!:D Ive also developed a worrying obssession with cooking mags and looking for recipes. As long as I dont start bringing home Peoples Friend I think Im safe!!LOL:)

10. Wild Extreme

Wild Extreme PetForums Junior

nothing wrong with having a great looking garden.. look at it that's it all for the good of better scenery to show off your tan when you're laid out on your sun lounger in the summer months with a long cocktail, big smile and a stunning bikini number ... age is a state of mind (at least that's what I keep telling myself!) :cool:

11. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

one day when I can be bothered, I'm gonna pm you for veggie garden advice :D

12. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

well, dont pm me!! My new years resolution this year was to start growing my own produce in the garden!! So far it is just a patch of dirt!!:D
    Im just deciding what I want to start with....am thinking salad stuff, potatoes and courgettes dont sound too difficult.:eek:

13. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Buy some decking boards from B&Q when they put them up on offer and make a raised bed, you can grow spring onions and herbs in there, if you grow Mint make sure you separate it from the rest of the herbs as it will grow so fast and overtake the bedding. Spuds are easy to grow. get some hanging baskets and plants tomato plants from them, you will get cascading tomato's then. Lettuce is easy to grow too. Dont forget Strawberries mmmmm.

http://www.gardenzine.co.uk/easy-grow-vegetables.html

14. Wild Extreme

Wild Extreme PetForums Junior

Wish I'd known about the "separating the mint tip" before ... I've enough mint plant to supply Colman's entire UK jar range for the next 10 years!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice