Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Signs of cat flu, And after affects.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by princessx87, Jul 17, 2009.

1. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

Hey peeps, i was wondering if someone knew anything about cat flu and its affects?

How do you know when an cat / kitten has it??

2. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

3. Carmela1989

Carmela1989 Banned

Hi

My Millie had Cat Flu and they generally have runny noses, runny eyes, sneezy, sleeping alot *although alot of kittens sleep alot anyway* Sometimes you can hear that they are congested. Same as a human really.

Call the vet immediatly if you suspect Cat Flu as symptoms can get worse and deteriorate a cats health quite quickly.

Try hot water put them in a carrier and let them inhale the steam. Olbas Oil is really good for them too. Do not put it on their skin though, maybe on their blanket. The vet should give you Synulox and eye ointment should their eyes be weepy.

Good Luck xxxx

4. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

Mine thankfully haven't got it, i believe.

I was just wondering as when a lady came around to look at my kitties litter, She asked me for signs of cat flu in kittens :)

I did say most of them, but she had a good point with a older cat, you notice it easier, What about in a kitten 5 week old?
    With my last litter it was a rush to the vets, because they had gummy eyes, sneezing. But the vets gave them the OK.
    Just said it look like they had a small infection of the eyes.
    He did say that its the same with people ears, nose, throat ect...

Well yesterday morning i noticed that the new litter have got the same, after callingthe vets again, they have told me not to worry...?!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice