Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Signs of a pregnant cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Muzzie, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Muzzie

Muzzie PetForums Junior

As some may know, Esme briefly stayed with a friend of mine whilst I sorted problems out, in that time my friend confessed she had managed to learn from the older cats how to use the cat flap and did a disappearing act 2 nights in a row!
    She also told me that the second night the little minx reappeared with 2 large tom cats in tow! :rolleyes: :nono:

I wondered if anyone on here would be able to fill me in on how a pregnant cat acts, she is booked in at the vets Monday to be spayed so I will find out for sure then :blink:

As I posted as a worry not long ago, she always seems hungry (although not always as bad now I've switched her from Felix) but I've also noticed she hates us picking her up and whines as we do so - it's not that we carry her around, we just have to put her down when she's parading around on the kitchen worktop!

2. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Hiya, I think if you have her booked in to be spayed on monday you shouldn't worry at all :) You can just go ahead with the spay and not open that can of worms at all which I really advise. Pregnant cats don't tend to have much in the way of symptoms and you probably won't start suspecting until she's 4 weeks and know until she's 5 weeks.

Edit: Oh I just read your other thread, if she's only 10 months old I definitely advise spaying her as it's safer for her :) If you're worried about how much she is eating just now aswell imagine how much she'll be eating when she's feeding 3+ kittens :D Please feel free to PM me if you want to think out loud about it, I can tell you my recent experiences.

#2 Gratch, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  3. koekemakranka

koekemakranka PetForums VIP

You are doing the right and responsible thing by spaying her. :thumbsup:

4. Muzzie

Muzzie PetForums Junior

All 3 of mine are getting spayed, however the other two won't until next month because they're slightly younger - being 5 months. Also, I have to wait to get paid ;)

They are, if they choose to be, going to be outdoors cats however if they decide they prefer indoors I'm fine with that too :D

They have all at some point had a taste of the outdoors, with the two kittens having to be caught from the neighbours shed when I went to collect them because she let them roam free :glare: however none have ever ventured further than the neighbours garden when given free run so I put my trust that they'll spend most of the day sunbathing in the garden ;) however as a precaution they will all be microchipped :)

I would never even consider not getting a cat spayed or neutered - unless I decided to breed which I find highly unlikely! ;)

Thanks for your help Gratch - having not had kittens since the age of 4 I think I'm just getting worried over the slightest little things! :D

5. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Not sure how long since the possible mating but do mention she's uncomfortable when picked up when at vets on Monday-it might be due to something completely unrelated that requires attention.

6. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Well she's probably pregnant then.

Liz

7. Muzzie

Muzzie PetForums Junior

She usually makes the same noise if we usher her off the worktop without picking her up to think about it so she's probably just showing us she's annoyed ;)
    However to put my mind at rest I'll definately get them to check it out :001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice