Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sigh...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Riverwish, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

EDIT: Oops this turned into a bit of a rant/wall of text :tongue:

Aber has started waking me up again at 5:30am EVERY day and has taken to crying out the front again. I hadn't really thought about it but this did stop when we got Oscar. The very next day he was gone Aber started up again.

What I don't really understand is that they weren't at the getting on really well stage of introductions, Oscar adored Aber but Aber wouldn't let him close, I wonder if he's missing that attention. On the other hand Aber has perked up a bit and is paying me more attention, he's also put on weight but I think Oscar was eating his food :rolleyes:

I really want another cat but OH is saying no, he really was so upset about loosing Oscar evern though he didn't want to get him in the first place. I'm of the opinion that i'm allowed to have two (by the landlord), i've got space for two and can afford to keep two therefore i'll get a second one. There are so many cats out there that need homes, it would almost be criminal not to when we have the room and everything they need.

So anyway we're going to pick Oscars collar up from the surgery at the rescue center today so I'm going to try and make OH look round the cats, I know there's one there still who was there went we went to look at Oscar for the first time. He's been there long enough me thinks.

Wish me luck x

2. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Maybe your OH is saying no for the present as he wants time to grieve for Oscar. He may also think that by getting a new cat he may forget about Oscar (which i know you two will never do).

I know Aber is waking you up early, but maybe give it a few more weeks before you look to give another worthy cat a new home.

3. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

Hmm I know it seems like i'm rushing it, think that's just me though, I do everything at 100 miles an hour. I'd take all the cats home if I had the room and the time so this is in no way replacing Oscar, I just have the ability now to rescue another and so feel like I should.

I'll talk to OH and see if that's how he feels, I hope not, he should know by now I don't ever let him forget anything :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice