Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sicky sausage dog!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by xCx, May 16, 2010.

1. xCx

xCx PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone!

Its my first post on the forum and I'm hoping somebody may be able to give me a little advice.

I have a two female dachshunds (they are 1 year old on Tuesday!).

They are both sisters but I have a little problem with one of them.

One of them began being sick about an hour before breakfast and dinner nearly every day. It was just a yellow bile so I thought I needed to increase the food a little, which I did and the sickness stopped.

The problem is that she began to put on weight and is now a bit of a porker. So I thought I would decrease the amount of food she has and put her on a diet. Unfortunately after only a few days of decreased food the sickness began again. They eat JWB or Wainwrights but it doesn't seem to matter what she eats she just needs a lot of it to stop her from being sick.

I don't just want to mask the problem by feeding her more (plus this is making her fatter and fatter). She otherwise seems v.happy and bouncy in herself. Also, I don't remember her being like this before she was spayed (about 6 months ago).

Other 'symptoms' although this could be just coincidence are that she occasionally likes to eat my older dogs poo (sorry if you're eating!), she seems hungry a lot (licks hers & other dogs bowls for ages after meal) and licks the sofa and her bed a lot. She doesn't seem to drink/pee much either. Her belly 'gurgles' quite loudly and she moults like crazy all the time as well.

Any suggestions as to what it might be? She is going to the vet in the week and I am just wondering whether the best thing to do would be to ask for her to have a blood test as I really want to find out the root of the problem.

Thanks
    xCx

#1 xCx, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  2. rona

rona Guest

Have you tried splitting her normal amount of food into 3 smaller meals?

3. xCx

xCx PetForums Newbie

Yeah we've tried that but she's still sick if she doesn't have a large amount.

She's more than happy to eat it but she's getting rather fat.
    Its nice being a dog, isn't it - not having to worry about your figure!

4. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

Hope everything goes well at the vets, if there is nothing medically wrong I would go with the three smaller meals as well but I would put some veg in it just to bulk it out.

Terri

5. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

When Bella had this our vet gave us antacid tablets for a few weeks and they worked wonders.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice