Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sickly Rottweiler

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Bradders89, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Bradders89

Bradders89 PetForums Newbie

Hello I have a two year old Rottweiler who often makes himself sick he will go out in the garden and eat grass to bring it on it's always first thing in the morning before he gets his first meal of the day he never does it after he has eaten something. He eats his food ok although he is really fussy,does anybody else's dog do this??

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

If he is only doing it occasionally I wouldn't worry all dogs seem to do it from time to time. Is it just yellow liquid and white froth he brings up? if so then its bile. What often causes it especially in large breeds is an empty stomach and stomach acids which I assume makes their stomachs feel a bit out of sorts. It seems to effect large breeds more then smaller ones.

Often what stops it is giving a bit of late supper like a small handful of kibble or a couple of dog buiscuits before bed as its often caused by going too long between meals. Its worth a try anyway to see if it makes a difference.

3. Bradders89

Bradders89 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your reply he usually has another meal in the evening before bed anyway but if I give him it a bit early cos I have to be out or something or when I'm working late he will make himself sick the next morning,yes it is always bile so that's probably what it is he's always done it I thought maybe it was because he felt sick because he was hungry I've also read they can make them selves sick if they're bored but I'm pretty sure it's not that,I didn't think about it being excess acid tho so thank you

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Sound like that's what it is then, an empty stomach for too long and a build up of bile and stomach acid.

If he was doing it constantly and at all different times I would be a bit concerned but from what you say that seems to be the likely trouble.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice