Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sicking up Bile on a morning...bit of advice pleeeeze.

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by loubyfrog, Oct 16, 2013.

1. loubyfrog

loubyfrog PetForums VIP

Bubs has been sicking up Bile every morning for the past few days so I'm just after a bit of advice until we go to the vets at the end of the week.

It started on Sunday,half 5 he got up and threw up greeny yellowly bile on the bedroom carpet then was sick twice again.

I now realize it's because his stomach is empty so I delayed his evening meal to half 5 plus I gave him a couple of Biscuits at 10pm (bonio and a charcoal one) but he is still been sick.....not until 6.30 this morning so a hour later and today he was only sick once.

So this morning I think I've come up with a plan..... I have only given him a third of his brekkie,then will feed him at half 4 then again at 8-9 pm.

Would this be okay do you think?

Bubs is at the vets on Sunday for his cartilage injection so will speak to his vet to see if Bubs will need any tests to rule out anything else but I do think he may have excess acid problems as he has been sick like this before but nor for so long...just for a couple of days so I thought he had eaten something funny (He'd be a walking dustbin if he had a choice:D) But I'm guessing acid problems in dogs are the same as us....anything can trigger it off I suppose (the first batch on sunday had half of Pizzle in so maybe that was the trigger) and in a few days time your back to normal again.

Have any of you got dogs with this problem and what do you do to and help and soothe them? Are any of your dogs on medication because of it

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I give a small meal an hour before bedtime, about a third of a normal meal. It stops the bile sickness. 9pm might be a bit early.

3. loubyfrog

loubyfrog PetForums VIP

Thanks for that.

I've thirded his meals for today already so will give Bubs his last one at 10 then if you think 9 is a tad early.

Fingers crossed tomorrow will be a bile free day,Bubs always feels sorry for himself for couple of hours after and I'm shattered..

4. winter

winter PetForums Senior

My gsd was sick every morning bringing up bile until I started feeding him grain free food then his stomach was so much better.
    I've always spread there meals out giving little and often and give him something to eat before I go to bed.
    What your doing for Buds sounds good.
    Hope he's fine and nothing serious.

5. loubyfrog

loubyfrog PetForums VIP

Thanks...nice to know I'm doing the right thing at the minute for him.

Bubs has Applaws mixed in with a little wainwrights meat.

I'm sure he'll be fine in a day or two when his stomach settles a bit and his bellys full during the night but still going to mention it to the vet.

6. leashedForLife

i'd underline that it was every morning, multiple days in a row - that's an alarm-bell for me.

i've had dogs urp now & again, but 5 or more days in succession? Never. :eek: That would worry me.
    In fact, on day-2 i'd have phoned my vet, & if there was a day-3, i'd have gone there, appt or no.
    That it's such a consistent pattern would really worry me.

7. westieowner

westieowner PetForums Junior

My dog has suffered from this.. it always worries me but I was told he probably needed to have a bit to eat at bedtime. After several months of being ok I ran out of his 'supper' biscuits last night. This morning he had the most awful gurgly tum. He wasn't sick but had diarrhoea ( only once) . He wanted his walk so I guess he isn't too bad, although he still isn't hungry and has spent this afternoon asleep.
    I will not be forgetting his biscuits again!!
    Hope your dog is ok soon.

8. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Novak used to do this too. Snack as he's going to bed sorted it. Hope it does the same for your dog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice