Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sickening!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Magik, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Magik

Magik Guest

I cant believe how awful the news has been over christmas and new year!
    Look at the story below from the Mirror website... it's time we dealt with scumbags like this!!! I would do time if I got my hands on these B*stards!!! What is the world coming to!?!

Father Beaten to death looking for dog!

A dad-of-two was beaten to death by vodka-crazed teenagers after going out to find his missing collie.

Ron Sharples, 52, was confronted as he walked down the street in the early hours.

The mild-mannered projects engineer was knocked down with such force his head made a noise "like a gunshot" as it hit the ground. He was declared dead in hospital.

One of the gang fled the scene in Marske-by-the-Sea, Cleveland, early on New Year's Day clutching a vodka bottle and shouting "I dropped him!" Ron was a devoted husband and father who helped out local old folk.

His family said: "We're devastated." A neighbour added: "He was a lovely man with a smile for all."

Four suspects were held. Three are being questioned. One was freed.

Full story below...

A drunken yob in a gang that killed innocent dad of two Ron Sharples fled the scene, shouting: "I dropped him! I could go to prison for this."

Projects engineer Ron, 52, was confronted by the vodka-fuelled teenagers as he walked home with his dog at 1.50am on New Year's Day.

He was beaten senseless. Horrified neighbours heard an "incredible" crack as loud as a gunshot as his head hit the ground.

As the thug, clutching a vodka bottle, fled with his mates a resident dashed out to put Ron in the recovery position before paramedics arrived. But the dad had suffered fatal head injuries and was declared dead at hospital.

His shocking death added to a grim New Year toll of murder and violence, strengthening the Mirror's nationwide campaign to Reclaim our Streets from louts and drunks.

Yesterday Ron's anguished widow Christine, 53, daughter Karen, 22, and son Lee, 25, said in a statement: "He was a lovely, kind, devoted family man, a wonderful husband and father - and an avid Boro supporter. We are devastated at our loss."

At the family's semi-detached home in Marske-by-the-Sea, Cleveland, Lee added: "It's all very raw at the moment.

"We don't want to go over what happened. Mum is too upset to speak."

Ron had been hosting a New Year party for family and friends when he left the gathering to search for his much-loved collie, Charlie, who had run from the house because of the noise of fireworks.

He passed three youths aged 16 to 18 and a young girl making a noise as they hung around on the street.

Two of the youths were "very drunk". One, about 6ft, was wielding a vodka bottle. A row flared and Ron was knocked to the ground.

Resident Alan Griffiths was watching from his window. He said: "There were three lads and a young lass making quite a racket.

"The man was walking his dog and got into a bit of a confrontation with two of the lads."

As he turned away from the window, he heard a big crack. When he went outside, one of the gang told him he hit Ron because the dad grabbed hold of one of them.

Another witness, who did not wish to be named, said: "I heard these drunken kids shouting. Then I heard an incredible bang. I thought it was a gunshot. But it was the the guy falling to the ground. The girl was hysterical.

"One of the gang shouted 'I dropped him! I could go to prison for this' as he ran off."

Neighbour Marjorie Hawker said: "Ron was a lovely man with a smile for everyone. He'd always help out the old folk with odd jobs."

Four people were held. One male has been released. Three suspects are being questioned.

2. Magik

Magik Guest

such a mindless act of violence!!!

3. BredaKim

BredaKim PetForums Member

My God!! What on earth is wrong with these people??? Not only have they taken this poor mans life, they appear to celebrate the fact! It's sickening:mad:
    His poor wife and children must be going through hell right now...lets hope the people who did it suffer their own hell for their crime!!:mad:

God Bless the poor man and his family:(

4. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

OMG! How horrible! What's wrong with people these days, there are some sickos out there

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

things like this do seem to be happening more and more,....:(

6. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

They should bring back hanging!!!
    Evil twisted people!!!!!!

7. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

this is just sick, but its on the increase,

about 8 years ago when I was 7 months pregnant with my second child me and my

OH were walking our two dogs when a car full of idiotic men/boys about 19/20 or so

years of age drove onto the pavement and bumped my german shepherd who yelped

loudly I said watch out you just knocked my dog, they got out of the car and started

shouting at us for being in the way and to shut the F***ing dog up b4 they do, we

just walked off knowing what type of people they were, poor dog limping along with

us as we turned into the lane to go home the car full of them were behind us and

another turned up infront of us, to tell the truth I was scared stiff, we couldnt go

anywhere and they got out of the car except the drivers, they came up to us and

started shouting and swearing saying that hey were going to get us I shoutd for

them to leave us alone and that I was pregnat but that made no difference and they

came at us my oh stood infront of me trying to defend me, he kept them away long

enough for me to get away my dogr were going mental and trying to defend us to but

got kicked for their trouble I ran to get help and my shepherd followed to protect me

and my border collie stayed with my oh ( the dog dragged one man off using his coat

which ripped) so another man said give me your money to pay for a new coat for my

mate as your f'ing dog ripped it, because my oh had none they hit him in the face

with a house brick several times then drove away laughing, I phoned the police and

they did sod all they all got away with it because they said even if they caught them

they prob wouldnt get a conviction anyway.

No doubt some other person got the same treatment from them at some point, they

had no reason to stop, no punishment, maybe this is partly to blame for the increase

in violence

8. ...absolutely...........

10. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

they were no good and had no concern that my oh was covered with blood his eye was swollen shut and around the socket was cracked open, I was so angry with them

11. Unbelivable!

12. Magik

Magik Guest

I've worked on projects with teen gangs to try and reform them and what you find is that when they're on their own they're not bad... it's all a rep thing to impress the other. Majority of them will not act this way when alone! Such pointless acts!!

13. jobrian

jobrian PetForums Junior

OMG! Its such terrible news! :eek:

I have often thought WHY? :(:(

14. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Terrible news :(

15. Dennyboy

Dennyboy PetForums Member

:mad: no incentive to stay out of prison when they get playstations and whatever they want.
    Bring back public flogging :p and hang the b**ards like pedo's and murderers.

Kids are having no guideance from parents,and grow up having no respect for other people or their belongings.

The law doesnt work for you if you are the victim,but will go to great lengths to protect the thugs.

The world is a angry place with people out for what they can get,with cr*p like this "slipped and damaged a nail,we can get you £10,000" if you look at somone the wrong way now they will sue you for hurt feelings!!!

16. kelly

kelly PetForums Member

thats awful! if the police wont do anything what hope is there?

17. TRUE...................................................................

18. Looks like there isnt.

19. jobrian

jobrian PetForums Junior

I work in the law system and I agree ...... what a world we now live in....so sad :(:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice