Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

sickeness in my queen

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by purrlover, May 14, 2010.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

hi , just got up earlier to tuns of sick from honey i know its honey cos shes just refused brekfast and shes got sick on her front leg ... Honey is 6 weeks pregnant today ... do i need to be overly worried ? i am worried of course but do i need to be on edge type worried? shes very quite this morning to shes normally lining up for her food and following me about ...:(
    julie x

2. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

They can sometimes have a bit of sickness due to their hormones. Does she seem okay otherwise ?

3. purrlover

no ... very quite and just creeping about when she walked about at the moment shes on the conservatory floor (on a rug) just doing nothing ... she was sick again about 10 mins ago just white froth tho this time .... i have got to go to work but my friend jane will come over and weatch her .. ive spoke to my stud breeder who is my mentor too .. she says see how she goes but it is normal ..ish for queens to sometimes be sick :(
    julie

4. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

It is quite common.

I remember rushing Misty to the vet at week 6 as she had explosive diarrhoea and sickness but Vet thought she had perhaps ate something which didn't agree, she was fine by that night, keep an eye on her and if it continues a wee visit to the vet before the weekend would put your mind at rest. x

5. 2flowers

2flowers PetForums Member

My queen was sick at about six weeks pregnant too, I think it's a bit like human morning sickness that is caused by the hormones.

6. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

awww i hope she is better soon, :)

7. becbec31

becbec31 PetForums Member

i would possibly try and get some rehydration support in her if it continues, usually really helps them. try lectade or royal canin do one. Its safe for pregnant cats and newborns.

It stops dehydration and gives them back the goodness they are losing.

8. purrlover

thanks for all your kind words and wishes ... honey seems a bit better tonight .. shes drank water all day and shes just eaten ... no more sickness , so thats all good however im thinking she may have lost some of her bump :eek: she seems slimmer at the sides i will be keeping a close eye on her as per normal ..
    julie x

9. Honeybunch

Honeybunch PetForums Member

sorry to hear Honey not been well but glad she picking up a bit now.I hope all is well over weekend if you worried id see the vet tomorrow.
    Sending hugs x

10. purrlover

11. Honeybunch

Honeybunch PetForums Member

Thats fantastic to hear glad all is well x

purrlover likes this.
  12. malibu

malibu Guest

Glad Honey is feeling better x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice