Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sick Tiger Barb?

Discussion in 'Tropical Aquarium Advice' started by Sheryl Bishop, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Sheryl Bishop

Sheryl Bishop PetForums Newbie

Hello,

I'm new here but would really appreciate any advice...

I bought two Tiger Barb this afternoon. They are both currently in quarantine before I introduce them to my aquarium.

They seemed OK at the shop (as far as I could tell) but as soon as I got them home one of them seemed to have great difficulty with its movements. It is swimming erratically, goes upside down and on its side.

One of its pectoral fins seems to move a lot less than the other but it is able to move it. At first the behaviour looked like a swim bladder issue but now I'm not sure if it's more of a dogy fin problem. I can't see any damage and there are no white spots. It's fin is much less active than the other side but it's not stuck to its side. It seems frantic and it is stressful to watch it. I haven't fed it because I'm still hoping it could be a swim bladder issue. Could it be something I'm missing? Has anyone seen anything similar? If the fin does not begin to work correctly is the fish likely to survive?

Any ideas, treatments or advice will be greatly recieved!

2. Martin field

Martin field PetForums Newbie

Its shock coming from shop to home ,just keep a eye on them and fingers crossed that they will be ok

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice