Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

sick puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by olley69, Apr 7, 2011.

1. olley69

olley69 PetForums Newbie

My 5 month old puppy has been sick three nights running during the night. I let her out clear it up then she eats the grass comes back in and is sick again. ending in just bile!! Not changed her food and she is absolutlet fine during the day, lively and eating and drinking well. Could it just be the effects of teething? or something else? Any thought welcome. I am also going to phone vets today.

Thanks molley

2. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, Just a thought, It may well be teething but the vet will put your mind at rest, you'd probably have more suggestions if you post the same thing in either Dog Chat or General Chat, I hope pup is better soon. wayne.

3. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Something pup might have eaten on the sly/..dogs eat grass when hhave stoach upset and vomiting helps to get it out...this age they chew anything..then this happens..if nose is cold and pup drinking well would not feeed for a few hours and make sure that it doesnot chew anything...if nose is warm and pup looks tired, sleepy better ask the vet soon!

and best wishes

4. tiddliewink

tiddliewink PetForums Newbie

Just wondering how things went with this one. :blink:

Always more of a worry with a puppy, as still getting to know their ways.

I had a breed that would often bring up some bile first thing in the morning. Food was soaking while this was going on and would always be eaten as normal, after this happening.

Vet said some dogs are just like this. :eek:

#4 tiddliewink, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice