Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

SICK of Pets at Home...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by gloworm*mushroom, Apr 10, 2011.

1. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

For billions of reasons, urgh!

Anyway, my rabbits are currently on PAH hay for bedding and PAH rabbit pellets. Does anyone have any recommendations for rabbit food that I can get from Zooplus? I dont know of any small petstores in York where I am currenyl, we had one but it shut as soon as the big PAH opened :( Is JR Farm rabbit food good?

Martha x

2. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Hi, I'm in York and get Excel, hay and straw from Caboodle (in Foxwood) and Acomb Pets do the same. There is also Foss Feeds, a bigger pet shop out at Acaster Malbis. There's a fruit and veg shop in Woodthorpe that sells hay and straw too.

3. gloworm*mushroom

Brilliant! I will look those up, Ive had no luck since peejays shut down :(

4. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Cool - Foss Feeds has a good website. Ah, I remember Peejays in Layerthorpe? New Earswick had a good pet shop a few years ago too.

5. gloworm*mushroom

Yep! It was good in some ways, not so good in other but I tend to find fault in all pet places! Will have to check out foss feeds.

6. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

i refuse to go in PAH on principle, they are wrong on so many levels, do you have any horse shops near you? if so you could maybe get them to order in A+P rabbit food for you, it is the best food by far

7. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Yes, you can easily find fault with all pet shops, I agree!

8. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

please DONT use zooplus!!!! i got such a **** response when I asked them why NONE of their huutches meet RSPCA standards!!!! :mad:

and I got a really good email from petplanet who have also added some new hutches

excel pellets are great, and most hay bales form your local equine shops work out really good value, some even sell excel

9. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Did u try a alternative petshop in York area?

10. gloworm*mushroom

I am getting some AnP from a little shop in Murton. I havent needed much else recently, I did have to rush to PAH for hay as I had none and just picked up a bunny on the river and needed some bedding. Im so bad :( I did scowl at them lots when I was in there if that helps :( It was late and nowhere else was open :(

11. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Sometimes I have to go there when nowhere else is open - can't believe York has two and so many smaller pet shops have closed sadly.

12. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

I bought pah hay a while back when I'd ran out. Ok for bedding but not much else. He won't eat it anyway

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice