Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Sick leopard gecko

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by Lauraj88, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Lauraj88

Lauraj88 PetForums Newbie

My leopard gecko is not eating, nor has she drunk for close to 2 months now. I have tried hand feeding her & also drip feeding her water but she is not interested. Her tail has gotten so small & her mouth looks almost like it cannot close. I wonder if anyone has had this before? Or has any advice? Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Has she been to a vet?

3. ShibaPup

ShibaPup PetForums VIP

How are you keeping her?
    Picture of enclosure?
    Temperatures hot and cold side?
    How are you measuring the temperatures?
    Do you use any feeding supplements? If so - what supplements do you use and when?

She doesn't look in good condition at all - I'd be searching for your nearest exotic/reptile vet, ideally with experience with Leopard geckos.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Lauraj88

Lauraj88 PetForums Newbie

Can’t get to the vets till Thursday so wondering if anyone may have had anything similar? I know, she used to be so vibrant & full of life, it’s really heartbreaking. Use powdered calcium in her feed, but as stated she has not been eating even with trying to hand feed her. She is in vivarium with a heat mat, recently moved closer to a radiator to ensure she doesn’t get too cold in this time of year. Thanks for your response

5. ShibaPup

ShibaPup PetForums VIP

What temperatures does she have access to within her enclosure? If her temperatures aren't correct - she won't eat, she won't be able to digest her food either. It's important to know the hot end temperature (basking temperature) and the temperature in the cool end of her enclosure away from the heat source.
    How are you heating the enclosure?

Do you provide UV lighting?
    What supplement do you use? It's important to know if it contains vitamin D3 or not - without it and if you don't provide UV lighting, there is a very real chance she has metabolic bone disease which there is no cure for but she will need to see an experience reptile vet to get treatment in order to improve her quality of life, it can sometimes be managed if caught early enough but if not - typically euthanasia is the kinder option.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice