Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sick jack russell

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Matthew14, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Matthew14

Matthew14 PetForums Newbie

I have a male jack russle of about 4 years of age, also I have a German Shepherd but he is fine and shows no illness, about 4 days ago I came down in the morning to feed them, but found my jack russle didn’t want his food and just lay down, he usually comes into the kitchen with me. I let them both out side and my jack russle was sick, he has now been sick many times, sometimes It will be a orangey liquid with lumps in or just water, I found that if he drinks alot of water he will just sick it all back up within about 10 mins, so if have decided to let him have a small drink every 30 to 50 mins. The past few days he has been lay down and seems to keep burping evry now again, and I can hear noises from inside of him quite regally. When he does walk he is very slow and cant jump onto his favourite chair, also his tail is down and he doesn’t look happy. Also there is nothing he could of eaten or drank that would cause him harm.

Any ideas on what I should be doing to help my dog?

2. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

I would definatly take him to the vets,it may just be a tummy bug/virus he's picked up,but get the vet to check him over.

When you resume feeding,start him off with boiled rice & chicken,or steamed fish,I would also feed little and often.

3. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Take him to the vets immediately, he may have some sort of blockage, if I had a dog who had been sick for 4 days it would be off to the vet, and I'm not a great lover of vets. Dogs pick up and swallow all sorts of things, mostly they work there way through the system without causing any harm, but occasionally they get stuck somewhere and cause a blockage, if he is still pooing this is unlikely, but get him checked out anyway.

4. jenjen

jenjen PetForums Junior

Poor baby, I hope he feels better soon :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice