UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheba was sick in her bed this morning. Poor thing. Her tummy is making all these mad noises, and she is just not herself.
Asked other half did he give her anything, and stupidly he gave her left over chicken last night. Ive told him over and over again, never give the dog any scraps, cus i dont want her thinking she gets to eat what we eat, and start begging, and also i know gsds have sensitive tummys.
Thats the only thing she got different, so obviously her wee sensitive stomach couldnt cope with a change.
Feel really sorry for her. :(
Hope she will be ok. I gave her a tiny bit of breakfast this morning, but she hasnt gone near it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont think she has ever had chicken before.
She had a sausage once, as they were going out of date the next day so i cooked them all and gave her a couple. She was fine with that, but she tends to never ever get human food. Toast is the limit!

·
Registered
334 Posts
awww i hope she feels better soon! :)

our two dont really understand what the difference between dog and human food is at the minute :) as soon as they smell something they think its for them lol! We have been pretty good though and not feeding them tib bits! but my o/h is a nightmare at giving them the odd bit! :mad:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive never wanted a dog that begs, so we started off as we meant to go on with her. She will come over for a sniff, and usually she goes and lies down.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Sheba was sick in her bed this morning. Poor thing. Her tummy is making all these mad noises, and she is just not herself.
Asked other half did he give her anything, and stupidly he gave her left over chicken last night. Ive told him over and over again, never give the dog any scraps, cus i dont want her thinking she gets to eat what we eat, and start begging, and also i know gsds have sensitive tummys.
Thats the only thing she got different, so obviously her wee sensitive stomach couldnt cope with a change.
Feel really sorry for her. :(
Hope she will be ok. I gave her a tiny bit of breakfast this morning, but she hasnt gone near it.
My dog has gut noises and no appetite every week or two, it normally just lasts a few hours. I give her 2 charcoal tablets (get them from health food shops), and take her out for a good walk. The combination seems to restore her and she will tuck into her food when we get home.
A dog I know can't eat any poultry, she gets colitis.

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Alfie cant tolerate cooked chicken. Gives him really bad wind and the squits.
Same with Harvey! Although he loves it! :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She is defo not well.
She has just gone to sit upstairs on her own. She has never once done that since we got her. (unless we were upstairs too)
Im worried about her :(

G

·
She is defo not well.
She has just gone to sit upstairs on her own. She has never once done that since we got her. (unless we were upstairs too)
Im worried about her :(
If you are that worried, get her off to the vets.
I would have thought that she would be showing signs of improvement by now :(

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If she doesnt perk up in a couple of hours I will phone the vet.
She is just being really random lol.
But..didnt stop her trying to chase the cows this morning (we have cows right beside our house, and sheba sees them through the fence, and barks at them) so, she musnt be too sick. lol.
Still havnt walked her yet as her tummy is still making noises. Maybe she is just pissed off she hasnt been for a walk yet.

G

·
If she doesnt perk up in a couple of hours I will phone the vet.
She is just being really random lol.
But..didnt stop her trying to chase the cows this morning (we have cows right beside our house, and sheba sees them through the fence, and barks at them) so, she musnt be too sick. lol.
Still havnt walked her yet as her tummy is still making noises. Maybe she is just pissed off she hasnt been for a walk yet.
Maybe you should take her for a little walk to make her bowels work and you can then see how she seems and what comes out :yikes:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, not gonna happen. I got up to go into kitchen, just about to get her lead, and she started heaving, so i quickly opened the door, and she went out just intime, she was sick again. It is white, if that makes any odds. I feel sick now, as i cant look at sick :( Poor dog. Gonna ring the vets. Ive no way of getting her there as OH took the jeep today.

G

·
Ok, not gonna happen. I got up to go into kitchen, just about to get her lead, and she started heaving, so i quickly opened the door, and she went out just intime, she was sick again. It is white, if that makes any odds. I feel sick now, as i cant look at sick :( Poor dog. Gonna ring the vets. Ive no way of getting her there as OH took the jeep today.
Best of luck, haven't you got any nice neighbours or a friend locally

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I live in the middle of nowhere! Ive only lived here for about 6mths, my only friends from here are the ones i work with, who are at work!

Phoned vet, she said give scrambled egg and/or boiled rice to help settle the stomach. :thumbsup:

To be honest, i think giving her something now would make her puke again, ill maybe give it half hour or something.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
poor wee soul I hope she's feeling better soon.
Was it just chicken she had or did she get any of the bones as well. My last bridge baby managed to eat cooked chicken bones a couple of times but I was lucky that she either chucked them up or they came out the other end.

Terri

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.