Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

sick cocker

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by gentlebenn, Dec 1, 2018.

1. gentlebenn

gentlebenn PetForums Newbie

Hi All, my 4 year old cocker spaniel was sick once this morning, won't eat or drink anything( he's normally a monster for his food and loves it) , and since then he's been sleeping, licking his lips a lot and I can hear his stomach making squirting or squeaking noises...should I be overly concerned....or take him straight to the vets? Thanks

2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Difficult to say! Did you get any clues in his puke as to what he mighthave eaten? Decaying animal, dirty water?

The fact that he has just been sick the once would indicate it's something eaten rather than a bug. The squirting noises could be diarrhoea on the way or just gas and wind passing through the gut.

However as he is still lethargic and it is the weekend, i would be inclined to go to the vet on their normal saturday morning consult fees. It's going to be moreexpensive this afternoon or tomorrow and for peace of mind.

Likely he is becoming dehydrated. You could try giving him water from a child's medicine syringe if you have one.

3. gentlebenn

gentlebenn PetForums Newbie

thanks for your reply, in the end, waited 8 hrs then gave him boiled rice and a bit of water, he slept most of the day, he seems a lot better this morning.

rona and tabelmabel like this.
  4. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Oh that's good - i had a feeling he would come right himself but didn't want to say that in case he took a serious turn for the worse. Glad he is on the mend:)

rona likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice