Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Siberian Husky Rescue

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by pommum, Aug 4, 2009.

1. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

I don't know if anyone canhelp me here,
    but my friend who has bred and shown kita's in the passed has recently rang Sibe Rescue to offer her services as a foster carer as her last Akita was PTS at 10 yrs old when he developed cancerous lumps.

She feels very let down as she has left messgaes on their answer machine twice and no one has bothered to get back to her which she feels is very unproffessional as do I, I would have thought that even if they didn't require her offer that they would at least get back to her and say thank but no thanks but she has had no reply at all.

If anyone knows who she could try and contact other than the number she is using through the website, please could you let me know.

Thanks in advance

Sarah

2. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

which rescue was it Sarah? Raindog on here should be able to help if its SHWA UK:)

3. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

Small rescues, who operate entirely through unpaid volunteers, frequently have a back-log of calls to make so I suggest your friend is patient or emails the rescue (as emails can be answered late in the evening when calling would be anti-social).

4. raindog

raindog PetForums Senior

Hi,

If it was SHWA(UK), please accept my apologies. In mitigation I would say that both we and the SHCGB welfare are currently completely overwhelmed with huge numbers of dogs coming into welfare. So much so that this has to be our priority and other, less urgent things tend to get left occasionally. I am sorry if this doesn't seem "professional" but of course, we are not professional in the real sense of the word (although we do try to act in a professional manner whenever possible). Everyone involved with SHWA(UK) from occasional fosterers to National Organisers is a volunteer and works for SHWA(UK) in the spare time that they have after earning a living, caring for their families and looking after their own dogs.

If it was SHWA(UK) that your friend was trying to contact, please ask her to send an email direct to Jo, our staff/volunteer co-ordinator at southern@shwa.org.uk

Apologies again,

Mick
    Secretary SHWA(UK)

5. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Thanks MIke, I did give her a link to your website and to Sibe Welfare and she said she was going to email them too, it was sibe rescue I belive that she contacted and that was over a fortight ago, she has been quite lonely and was used to going out all the time with her akita, and would love to help with the Sibe's any way she can.
    I will pass on the email you have given me also and tell her to just sit tight and someone will be intouch. I totally understand that you are all volunteers and that is what she wants to do too.

Your help has been much appreciated thankyou.

Take care
    Sarah

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice