Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Siamese health

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Purrfectineveryway, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Purrfectineveryway

Purrfectineveryway PetForums Junior

Hi, I am looking into the beutiful, friendly and noisy Siamese cat as a pet.
    They are the right one for me but I'm confused on health.

Some say their healthy, others not. I have ignored the healthiest breed post about her having 20 something problems as most are extremely minor and what others breeds have already and she conveniently left out the other long list of these minor illness on the other breeds she was comparing to. (E.g. The British shorthand she listed as two, when I have seen it with a lot more than two in professional vet websites).

Also although I like the traditional as well as modern. Websites comparing them can be balanced, but mostly are extremely biased to there favourite and often over exaggerated the others issues.

Most problems can be tested for or prevented and Many people have them without issues and are not widely known as unhealthy unlike persians, dauchunds, bull dogs and pugs are.

So is the modern siamese really that unhealthy?
    What do you think?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice