Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shut up fireworks!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zayna, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

Been going in since it got dark.... my poor dog is frantic with stress and keeps trying to dig her way out of the flat. I really wish fireworks were for displays only so people couldnt buy them and let them off all night:(

2. skip

skip PetForums VIP

Wobsi hasn't been at all bothered ,don't think he's even noticed :)

3. Baileys Blind

Baileys Blind PetForums Senior

My Poppy's the same, snuggled into me, head buried in a blanket shivering and shaking, with big jumps with the loud bangs :eek:

Got the curtains shut and the tv on so loud I'm getting a headache :blink:

Grrrrrrr hate the bl**dy things :mad:

4. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

we havn't had any round here and we won't either luckily.

hope they finish soon :(
    has she got a safe place she can go hide?

5. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

I know the feeling, poor Diz doesn't know what to do with herself, we've been playing ball and doing some training bits but she's clearly tired and fed up now (as am I).

Hopefully, all be over before we know it, then it's just crimbo to look forward too. :rolleyes:

6. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

She's been snuggled in bed with me for most of the evening, shaking so hard the whole bed is shaking. I hate seeing her so stressed. We have been trying to distract her but she's too frightened to move:(

7. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

They haven't stopped since 7 o'clock they are doing my head in but luckily Dillon's fine and at the moment he's sound asleep on the kitchen floor.

8. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

They are a pain in the *****!!

We were just saying today, theres so many things that are illegal now, but comes November you can let off what amounts to bombs:mad:

The damage they do, the litted they leave, the animals they scare to death doesnt matter, tax is more important:rolleyes::mad::mad:

9. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Firework going boom! around here too, Jessie well scared :( She hates them.

10. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

Just hope the horses are ok, last year my friend's mare took a big chunk out of her head panicking in her stable because of the fireworks. I think my poor Roz thinks the world is about to end:(

11. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

I have one very frightened girl here too :( , like Zayna ive spent a large part of the evening under the duvet with Gypsy snuggled in so tight against me , shaking and jumping every time theres a loud bang , even though the tv is blaring away

and as if that wasnt enough , even though the boys arent that bothered by the noise they see me being under the duvet as cuddle time , so at one point I had three dogs all vying for snuggles

The fireworks are still going off so I now have Gypsy under the computer desk lying on my feet , shaking under the duvet which ive dragged in here :(

12. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I am so proud of Jet tonight. The fireworks have been going off for for the last couple of hours and so far he's just been sat behind my head and not shown any of the distress signs that he did last year. They've just let some off in next doors garden and all he's done is sit up and look out of the window.
    I hope he stays like this, it's just so upsetting watching him scared like he was last year.

It'll carry on round here now, on and off, till new year. I wish they'd stop selling them to the public and only have organised events, so our pets could stay calm and safe!

13. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

they're driving me mad, not the dogs.:mad: :mad:

people either side of me have the loudest ones ever.:mad:

14. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Actually I'm feeling a bit wimpish myself....any chance of a snuggle :D

PS.....I hope to heck you're a female :blink::001_smile:

15. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

I feel so sorry for animals/wildlife that are outside, they haven't a clue why its happening and no one to cuddle them :'(

On a much happier note - this is Meg's very first bommie night and she isn't a bit bothered!
    Hope it stays like that?

16. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I am looking after some dogs and the neighbours attatched to them have been setting them off from about 7.30 but they are not particulary noisy. The people who'se garden nacks onto theirs the other side started at about 7 and it sounded like bombs were actually dropping on the house, they were so loud! They were making me jump and the dogs just ended up laying on top of me because they were scared :(
    This house has 2 cats aswell which have a flap and I have no idea where the grey tabby is :(

*Heidi*

17. fire-siamesekitty

fire-siamesekitty PetForums VIP

There's a dog next door barking its head off, i guess she's left it outside again :rolleyes:

18. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

Been going off all night here!
    Molly didn't mind them so much last year, but this year has been so uptight! Won't go out for a wee, won't eat, just sits by my side all night!

Someone on my street has had some going for ages now! There so loud it sounds like we have all the windows in the house open! We have had to put the TV on so loud just to try and calm Molly down!

Next door to the people having the fireworks have got a new puppy and a baby who is a few months old, so I bet there having fun next door to the fireworks!

19. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

lmao , yes im female , as for the snuggle first you'd have to fight off three dogs who believe any human is there just to snuggle them :D

20. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

I could never leave my babygirl outside with all this racket.:(
    Fireworks are STILL going here, Roz is terrified:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice