Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shows booked and quick question re puppies age'

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Doguiesrus, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Doguiesrus

Doguiesrus PetForums Senior

I'm a very busy slack person! I always miss closing dates! Anyway this morning I have sat and entered nearly every champ show and entered puppies into some open. I've never really bothered with open but thought it would be good practice.

Quick questions. My puppies I'm keeping back were born the 19/8/13 I know it's 6 months for first entry but do I say it will be 19/feb or can I do it in 4 weekly so it will be a bit before! That sounds a really dim question doesn't it! Want to get them out early as possible!

2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I'm not sure what you're asking, but you can send in entry forms before they are six months of age, as long as they are six months on the first day of the show, that's how I understand it.

3. Dober

Dober PetForums VIP

They need to be 6 months old on the day of the show.

With puppies if you're trying to get JW points and doing multiple classes, I wouldn't enter way too far in advance if you are entering maiden/novice classes, its fine if you're just doing minor puppy/puppy classes though. The reason I say this is that you might have won your way out of a class before entry closes, then you would need to pay to have it changed.

For example, say you win 3 novice classes, you might have won your way out of novice by the time it gets to a show in a few months time, its fine as long its its correct as of a week before entry closes for the show. If there is still plenty of time before entry closes for the show and you are no longer eligible, its normally £5 to change the entry. Fine for one show, but would add up if its a lot of shows!

I hope that makes sense??

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Yes I would enter them in shows from feb 19th. My last litter were born on 6th feb 2011 and I entered minor puppy at the hound show which was 6th aug 2011

5. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

No hun, you can't count it in weeks. A puppy has to be at least six calendar months old on the first day of the show. So if they were born 19/8/13, you can enter them in any show which starts on 19/2/14 or later (Except Crufts 2014, of course, because by 19/2/14 entries will have closed for 2014)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice