UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We came 4th out of 4, but I was pleased with the improvement in Bess's behaviour. It didn't help that she tried to bite (well, close her teeth, nothing vicious) the judge when he tried to look at her teeth, and leap all over him when he was trying to look at her, but she did run round with all 4 feet on the floor which was a vast improvement!

Odd show - it was in a multi storey car park, and cars were going round the outside of the rings. The setters were moved outside in the rain at the last minute - but at least the rings were a bit bigger. Bess coped with it all very well, and was the calmest she's been at a show. So I was pleased with her.

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
We came 4th out of 4, but I was pleased with the improvement in Bess's behaviour. It didn't help that she tried to bite (well, close her teeth, nothing vicious) the judge when he tried to look at her teeth, and leap all over him when he was trying to look at her, but she did run round with all 4 feet on the floor which was a vast improvement!

Odd show - it was in a multi storey car park, and cars were going round the outside of the rings. The setters were moved outside in the rain at the last minute - but at least the rings were a bit bigger. Bess coped with it all very well, and was the calmest she's been at a show. So I was pleased with her.
Glad it went well and its all good practise, the situation with the cars cant have helped either so all in all she did very well I would say. Bit of an odd place though as you say.

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
Maidstone? Sounds like their wet weather set up for the big dogs

Glad she behaved well and kept all four paws on the floor whilst moving :)
Moving is my pups best bet, he looks stunning. Its the being expected to stand still that he cant cope with :)
Im always terrible in the final line up as well, my nerves go down the lead and we all fall to pieces lol

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Congratulations! :) As long as you think you did well then that's all that matters. I like the Maidstone shows, but it's always been nice weather when we've been there!

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maidstone? Sounds like their wet weather set up for the big dogs

Glad she behaved well and kept all four paws on the floor whilst moving :)
Moving is my pups best bet, he looks stunning. Its the being expected to stand still that he cant cope with :)
Im always terrible in the final line up as well, my nerves go down the lead and we all fall to pieces lol
That makes sense that they go inside in bad weather. We didn't see it at its best. Took Bess for a brief stroll by the river but turned back when it started to rain harder.

I was advised to use Rescue Remedy. In the end I used it on me, not Bess, and it seemed to help my nerves and to steady her a bit. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.