Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

show poodle pics please

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cara jordan, Jul 17, 2009.

1. cara jordan

cara jordan PetForums Newbie

im getting a poodle pup very soon,and just wanted to see some pics.

2. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I'm getting one soon aswell! What size are you getting? Here are some of my pics from SKC in May.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is my poodle Cheeko :D

[​IMG]

And this will most likely be my puppy because he's best for showing

[​IMG]

Hope that's enough pictures :p

3. cara jordan

cara jordan PetForums Newbie

:)thank you there lovely...im getting a standerd size pup.i have pics on my page of the mother so will look like that when older,although im getting a boy so abit different lol..do you have a name for your pup?

4. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Hi there are a few poodle owners on this forum, you've met one of them :) I also have one...i will put more recent pictures up in this thread later. But he is in my avatar :)

5. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I have two

Attached Files:

6. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

hiya another poodleowner,addict..never can get enough poodlesperson here:D
    click on my link below and you can see my poochies and just posted pics of freya who we picked up today (a big thanx to michelle from romar poodles for letting us have freya )

7. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

YOU PICKED UP FREYA?! LET ME SEE HER!

Oh yeah i forgot to mention like poochimama, i have a toy poodle :)

8. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Finally i see a pic of Candy. Shes gorgeous :) And rather cute :)

9. CheekoAndCo

I was going to get a standard to begin with but ended up deciding on another miniature :D Standards are lovely though. I love black ones the most. I'm getting a boy aswell wanted a girl to begin with. The only thing that I wanted to begin with and I'm getting is a black poodle! I think I'll be calling him Blu. Will wait and see his personality a bit more. Breeder thinks he should be called Bonkers because it basically sums him up :scared: You'll love poodles they are addictive :D

Blitz - I love your 2 :D

10. r_neupert

r_neupert PetForums Senior

Aaaah that photo of the black one is awesome, looks like he/she is wearing a pair of bellbottoms and a fur coat...

Very ignorant on the poodle stylying - do you guys keep them groomed and trimmed like that day to day or just for shows? Seems like a lot of work! Or maybe it isn't, you'll have to inform me... I thought i was being intelligent buying a short haired dog thinking les hair is less work - turns out the dog has multiple layers of fur which doesn't like to stay attached :(

We had a Puli, but that's the closest i've got to a poodle... and their coats are very different to say the least!!

11. CheekoAndCo

Cheeko gets clipped once every 6 weeks but he's only a pet so he's in a pet trim so means it's less work. Brush him about every 2nd day. Not had to deal with a show clip yet.. but I will in 3 weeks. I know it will be alot of hard work but personaly I find sitting brushing them pretty relaxing. So really unless it's a show dog it's kept in a simple trim.

12. r_neupert

r_neupert PetForums Senior

Thanks Cheeko! I've always been a little baffled by Poodle styling, but it's interesting to hear it from an owner.

Out of curiousity (and my book is slightly out of reach), what are the origins of the Poodle - were they bred for a particular job? Just wondering whether the different cuts were something to do with an origin and if it's just evolved over time.

Sorry again for the questions, but it's interesting to hear...

13. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

My ex has a blue standard poodle called Baron. Him and his pal are the one's who made me so desperate to get a dog, absolutely wonderful dog is Baron! He is undoubtedly one of the biggest things I will miss from breaking up with my ex!! I think his clip is the lamb cut or something? He is done every six weeks. He doesn't get a brush or anything, the only thing is the floofy bit on his head gets slightly less floofy and more flat after 5 weeks but he isn't a dog to roll in the mud or anything anyway, very posh poodle this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#13 GoldenShadow, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  14. CheekoAndCo

I'm not 100% sure so see what others say but they were bred as water dogs. The show clips were designed to keep their joints and organs warm and protected. That's about as much as I know.. Not very sure how the 'pet clips' came around though!

Tinsley - Baron is lovely. No wonder you miss him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice