Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Should I worry?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Tonti, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Tonti

Tonti PetForums Junior

Lucy is 16 1/2 now. She is eating reasonably well but only moving her bowels every couple of days. She doesn't seem to be losing weight, jumps on beds and plays with her catnip. I've had her to two different vets who have both diagnosed separation anxiety and suggested Feliway and fresh fish. When I go out to work she sulks, sleeps on my bed and doesn't seem to eat much until I get back in. I am away on holiday at the moment and on the morning when I left she was curled up on my bed looking sorry for herself and not talking to me. My friend who is looking after her says she is eating Ok but didn't do anything solid for 2 days but when she did do something it was normal. That's how it was before I came away - she seemed normal apart from not passing solids every day but when she did it was normal. When I am out at work all day my friend goes in to make sure everything is OK so she is not alone all day (I work 2 full days and 3 half days). Is this likely to be just because she is getting old? There have been a lot of changes in the house this year what with one thing and another so I wonder if I am just being neurotic

#1 Tonti, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice