Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Should I stay or should I go?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cheekyscrip, Feb 1, 2012.

1. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

No..not from here....
    I must make up my mind wheter to move to another estate or try to buy small flat adjacent to ours...Big decision..
    Our current flat is far too small with kids growing and needing their own bedrooms...
    My estate in recent years became grotty :mad: and who can -leaves!
    But I might not be able to buy in this area - in another estate -and this is where their schools are and easy access everywhere...(the only high schools are here too..thinking forward...)...
    Yet my flat has no view at all...and is dark (but is quite cool in summer and warm in winter)...but it is depressing...
    Conversion might be expensive...
    Buying might be expensive - even more..and then the hassle of selling my overly cluttered flat!
    Kids may want to stay around here..but they really need bigger place...
    Gibraltar has limited choice and we cannot move to Spain..(kids' education!)

What do you think?

2. cheekyscrip

no one?....

just my luck......:crying:

3. Sammy123

Sammy123 PetForums Senior

I am sorry, I haven’t got much advice to give but can you not register children in Giblartar on a certain address and move just across the border? I personally would choose a bigger flat or house over school distance. But then I don't mind driving...

4. dizzylou

dizzylou PetForums Member

Sorry no-one has responded. It's a bit difficult to help as I don't know Gibraltar at all let alone the area you live in. I think you have to weigh everything up, do your maths, check out house prices in the area you want to be in and decide if you can afford to move, ask the kids if they want to move or do a list of all the positives and make the best of what you have. Sorry i'm not much help :nonod:

5. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

There's a few 'mights' and a 'may' in your post cheekyscrip.....Find out for sure and then decide.

If its right for you it will happen.

6. cheekyscrip

Just one sure thing..I do not drive..and never will....

7. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Difficult for any of us to know your situation and the problems you face over there.
    If the place is getting you down then I think you should seriously look at other options. How would it be financially if you moved?

8. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I dont know what you should do.. Your so far away and things will be so different over there.. :)

9. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

Not Gibraltar but in Cardiff my sister is having the same debate.

They have a tiny 2 bedroom flat, and a toddler. The flat is too small for them really, and like your is highly cluttered. However, they are in the catchment area for a good primary school.

If they move, it would have to be to a cheaper area where the schools may not be as good.

My sister nor her husband drive, which also adds to issues as everything needs to be walking distance or have good public transport.

They also are having the "second child potential" conversation, that being the case they would definitely have to move.

I'll give you the same advice as I gave my sister... Do what you feel is right.

It's not much advice I know, but I think deep down you probably know what is for the best.

Good luck x

10. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

If your children are below High School age then I would consider moving to a bigger place, they are young enough to adapt, rather than leave it until they are in High School and have to uproot them to another one. If prices are on the "UP over there then if may benefit you in the end and reep the rewards of the amount your home would be worth in a few years time. As the kids get bigger they need MORE space and you will all be on top of one another....:eek: just had a thought.. :eek: TEENAGERS .....they going to become teeeeeenager's and will fight for space....ooer!!! lololol. Make sure you live by a Chemist so you wont have far to go for Paracetamol lolol

11. cheekyscrip

I think the clutter and fights for space really affect me...My kids seem to large breed:eek:...so soon like Alice in Wonderland will stick out of the door:crazy:...
    I must think really carefuully cos it might be my last home but last ( my mil offered me the space in family :huh:tomb)...

Prices in Gib are extraorbital...4Bed is about 300K!!!! :nonod::nonod::nonod:
    Do not even want to do the maths!!!

12. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Prices sound the same as by me in England :(

I took the unorthodox decision to rent out my small 2 bed house and rent myself a 4 bed house when my kids grew to big for our own home.
    About to downsize and rent a 3 bed as eldest left home last year.
    When the kids leave home me and OH will be moving back in to our little home :)

For me space was more important than anything else to us and due to cirumstances we're unable to get anothet mortgage.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice