Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Should i stay or should i go?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ad_1980, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

I want to go visit my friend who had a baby girl two days ago - some of you already know about it. but my question is do you think its ok if i do? or should i wait a while....

what would you do? Mum doesn't think it matters because she probably has lots of visitors anyway but at the same time i don't want to be like the...pushy or overbearing person i can be when very excited.

What do you think guys? If i was your friend would you mind a visitor?

2. CheatingRabbit

CheatingRabbit PetForums Member

If I were you I'd give your friend a call ask her.

CR

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

yeah same :) I would be honest and tell her I want to visit but dont want to be a pain :eek: if she is a real friend you should be able to tell each other to rack off without it been offensive pmsl :D

4. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Biut i wanted it to be a surprise. lol!

5. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

When I had my kids I really appreciated seeing friends, they were a breath of fresh air after the smothering family members, I say go for it:D

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw :eek: just go then aye she will prolly want a distraction from the crying bub anyway :thumbup:

7. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

I have to be honest, I did like my friends to come, but i wanted to know when so that I could stagger visits, otherwise it can be quite overwhelming.
    I also wanted to have naps during the day 0 and preferred to arrange visits around these.

8. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

bub's been in neo natel unit since birth. hopefully my friend should be allowed to have her with her today :)

I could just go and leave when i can tell i've overstayed my welcome. 30 mins visit isn't too long, right? :)

9. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

sounds good, just don't take flowers for her as a lot of hospitals won't allow them in for health & safety reasons, my mate bought her mum a really expensive bouquet that she had to take home with her

10. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule PetForums Senior

I think you should go.

11. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

if bubba is still in neonatal.. id check to see if you can visit first. when my sis in law had her 1st, she was in the neonatal unit for a few weeks. no one but family was allowed to visit and then it was under strict time rules x

12. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Really, the last thing a new mother wants is a surprise visitor in her home, no matter how close the friend is. Please do call first.

Congratulations to your friend.

<edit> ah, I see she is not at home with the baby yet. Hospital visits are different, I think people in hospital are pretty much sitting ducks for anyone who wants to visit :D.

However, once she and baby girl get home, don't visit without calling first! Surprise visits are very rarely welcome, in my opinion, especially to new mothers.

#12 lorilu, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  13. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Well i went. She seemed happy to see me - that or she's just a very good actress. LOL

Her parents were there too, which was lovely as i've not seen them ages. Bub was finally allowed to be with her mother after two days so now baby and mum are together and doing well. Baby was asleep the majority time of my visit lol - well yes i know that's all they do for the first 3 or 4 months. eat, sleep and cry. But she finally opened her eyes for me before i left :)

Going to go and see mum and bub when they are at home and settled....of course i'll give it a week or something before i call and say 'fancy a visitor'.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice