Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Should I go for raw food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Bertie07, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Bertie07

Bertie07 PetForums Junior

i have a 2 year old dachshund and I’ve been thinking about switching him over to a raw food diet but my main concern is balancing the diet and is it worth it. We do take the dog to lots of different places and will go on holidays with him so raw food could be a problem as it would be hard to transport and keep it fresh. Are the benefits really worth switching from dry food which is very convenient. I would also like a bit of help on what to feed and how much. Lots of people say a meaty meal in the morning and bony in the evening. I can get some good meat for relatively cheap so that’s not the worry. Also do you prepare the meals before you feed of prepare in advance. Id like to hear some of your experiences with it. Thanks for any help.

2. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

You might like the idea of a compromise. I feed my dachshund a mix of Nature's Menu Country Hunter dry nuggets in the morning and evening , it's freeze-dried cold pressed raw food . Her main meal is Lily's Kitchen or Forthglade wet food . She does well on this combo.

Bertie07 likes this.
  3. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

I would suggest joining a group to find out more e.g. BARF UK on FB. I feed raw and am a real advocate but every dog and person is different

Bertie07 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice