Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Should I get this checked?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sue&harvey, May 7, 2010.

1. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Hi Harvey has this red area on his nose. I could be sun burn, but I don't know if I should get this checked. The vets close at 3 so any ideas before then please?
    It's about the size of a pea, and pink. Doesn't look infected.
    Thanks on advance

2. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I'm always overcautious so I would go if I were you, but it definitely doesn't sound urgent.

3. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Have you got time to put up a pic?
    Is there any chance it has been scratched or rubbed?
    May be sunburn.Have you put anything on it yet? Is he finding it irritating?

4. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

381.jpg

I haven't put anything on it yet, as I wasn't sure what would be best. He doesn't seem to be scratchng it, or find it irritating. Hope the pic is ok

5. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

TBH If it were me I'd leave it a few days. If it looks to be getting any worse I'd go but at the minute I wouldn't.
    Obviously I can't tell you not to go lol. but IF IT WERE ME I wouldn't. I'd just put some sudocrem on it and observe it for a few days

6. hutch6

hutch6 PetForums VIP

Sounds a daft question but did you leave your dog in the car and then go into the shops or get out for a period of time?

I have done this and Dillon has rubbed his nose raw try to open the boot door to get to me.

Don't worry folks he was left for only a max of 5mins, the 4 windows were down to let the breeze in, it was at night and he wasn't panting!!!!

7. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

thats exactly what i would do too :)

8. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Thanks, he wasn't left in a car as we don't have one at the mo. He could have rubbed it but can't think on what, but then again he's into everything at the mo :rolleyes:

Ill watch it over the weekend and keep him out of the sun, best I can. What sun cream is safe for dogs? Can I buy a kids high factor for him or use a vet approved one?

Ill nip to the pharmacy and get a barrier cream, thanks for putting my mind at rest :)

9. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Normal suncream is fine. I always use a high factor for my BC as he has a pink splodge on the bridge of his muzzle

10. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Id do the same too,use sudocream and see how it is in a day or two.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice