Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Should I get another kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Lucky87, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Lucky87

Lucky87 PetForums Newbie

Hey guys. I have a few posts on here about how aggressive my kitten lucky is. The amount of advice I've had has been n fab but nothing has really worked. Anyway, my question is, will it be safe to get another kitten to keep him company? I feel he is going stir crazy as house cat, and everything I do isn't helping. If he is very aggresive towards me, although sometimes affectionate, will he be mean to the kitten? When I say aggresive I mean biting scratching and it isn't just kitten play, it's real aggresive behaviour. I'm covered in bite marks and scratch marks. Worried if I get a kitten he will do the same to the wee one.

2. ameliajane

ameliajane PetForums VIP

Might be worth a try.

I had a kitten like this. In the end I did get another cat to keep her company and her behaviour changed dramatically. She had simply been bored, lonely and frustrated.

I chose her companion very carefully - I looked for a calm, older, much larger youngster who was known to be very good with kittens. I had him from a reputable rescue so that if it didn't work out I would have had the option of returning him.

I would explain to the rescues exactly what you are looking for and look for a larger, older, calm youngster who is known to be playful and good with other cats. You need one that is not timid or easily upset but is not aggressive.

And do check with the rescue that you have the option of returning the cat if introductions are not successful.

3. Lucky87

Lucky87 PetForums Newbie

Thanks.. We don't really have that where I live. We have cat protection, most cats that they have are outdoor cats. They also don't take them back if something goes wrong.

4. Pepperpots

Pepperpots PetForums Senior

I foster for Cats Protection and certainly in our branch we would be able to suggest suitable kittens and would definitely take back if it didn’t work out. We also give lots of advice on introductions.

moggie14 and Summercat like this.
  5. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@Lucky87
    It can be worth a try going in and speaking to cats protection. There also may be small independent rescues in your area, you have not heard of, that may work out.
    I think it is a good idea for a young cat who may need more interaction to look into another. Not too small and young but still a kitten.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice