Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Should I get a 2nd Ridgeback?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Elsas mum, May 20, 2010.

1. Elsas mum

Elsas mum PetForums Newbie

Had my Elsa for seven months now rescued her from the RSPCA. We are getting there slowly but surely. She wasn't trained at all but all's going well, except she has to be in same room as me when I am at home. She is fine when I go to work and seems content. She appears to love being with other dogs, but of course she can ignore them too, typical RR. Am thinking of rescuing another RR but wondering if its too soon, or whether it would upset her. Any advice?

2. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

if your sure you can care for two, wouldn't see why not! more the merrier and it will keep your girl happy when your away. :)

3. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

Hi Elsas mum, we've met! I met you at Willen on Waggy Walk with our RR pup.

I don't have much expereince but your girl looked like she loved being with other dogs and you've done a great job with her. I guess it might depend on the rescue you get and how much intense training yu need to do with Elsa on her own.

I'm sure Ridgeback Welfare would be able to advise on your situation and find you the perfect friend for Elsa.

I have some pics of Elsa and Zimba if you want to PM me.

4. Elsas mum

Elsas mum PetForums Newbie

Hi, how are things going with you. I remember meeting you with your young pup which was the same size as Elsa. Its so difficult to know if your doing the right thing. But we shall give her some more time with us then get a second RR before Christmas, or start looking then at least. How are you all getting on? I have been working a lot of weekends recently but will come for a walk again on my next Sunday off. Photos would be lovely, she is sat by me now - hates me being on the computer.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice