Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Should i be worried

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by nikkynoo, May 31, 2010.

1. nikkynoo

nikkynoo PetForums Junior

My cat had her kittens just over two weeks ago now (on the 12th of may) after the vet saying she will only have 3 she went and had 5 big kittens. They are all putting on weight and all but one alomst weight 300grams each. But one now this one was te first to be home and is female but she is so much smaller then the other kittens. You can really see the size difference. The queen is only a small cat anyways.

Should i be worried about this one kitten. I spoke to the vet and he just said as long as she is putting weight on she will be fine , but im still worried the size difference is loads.

Oh yeh and when should i start weaning them they all have there eyes open and are wondering around the box.

2. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

If they are putting weight on, they should be fine ... I had a litter of kitties a while back now (7 months they are) and kept a brother and a sister of that litter, the brother is twice the size of the sister, she is soooo feisty and bullish, he is laid back and yummy .... I woudnt worry too much.

Weaning is more like 3 weeks of age ... I didnt really wean my kittens per se, I always fed mum in the cage with her kittens and gradually they "stole" more and more of her food, until it became the norm ...

I don't know a great deal about kittens and that, but I am sure otheres will give you advice too ... but if the vet says she's okay and she is still feeding and moving around then I don't think there would be a problem.

C x

3. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Don't worry about weaning them until they are at least four weeks old.

Liz

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice