Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Should i accept Facebook request

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ad_1980, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Ok guys i have a request from an old school 'friend' on Facebook.

Now at school i was the nice kid, didnt like to see the bad in everyone - probably explains why i was bullied a lot - but anyway i made 'friends' with this girl who as i grew older realised she's not really a friend at all.

Now today after 12 years i see a friends request - from this friend.

now question - should i accept?

2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i wouldn't lol i had a friend request from a really good friend who treated me like crap while a tennant in her house and i totally ignored her request.. can't say i miss talking to her or feel guilty at all. :001_tt2:

3. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

i would accept, just to see what she has to say....i wouldnt speak to her 1st and if she doesnt speak to you delete her...

she may have changed a lot in 12 years.

4. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

I am not sure about that. I know someone who always says that if you lose track of someone from your past, theres a reason for it. I don't really think it could hurt though for you to accept it just to see if their personality has changed for the better or if they are the same as they were 12 yrs. ago. You can always remove them from your friend list if they haven't changed.

Anyways I am on Facebook and I always welcome friend request so if you or anyone else on here is interesred in adding me as a friend you can find me under Juliee Behunin.

5. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I find it satisifying to block old school 'friends' on facebook.

6. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

def not...is my answer to that!!...

7. spid

spid PetForums VIP

lol;) I know what you mean!

8. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I do find it odd why someone who I was with at school at the time didn't class myself as their friend, but suddenly 13 years later they want to class themsleves as my find now.

I suspect it is simply to bump up their friend numbers.

9. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

why not...if u dont like the way she is now then im sure u can block her out of ur friends list again :D but who knows , she might have changed.
    And u can put limits on facebook what she is allowed to see or read if u dont like to reveal everything about urself to her :D

I would be too nosy anyway not to accept :D

10. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Well i've already found out enough i didnt even need to add her lol

Divorced with 5 kids - can't believe she's divorced at 29! That's all i know so far...hmm that and she's happy being a single mum

I always knew she's be a mum so early in life - didn't ever think she'd get married and divorced in 12 years though!

Now...should i be nice and add her lol!

11. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

Accept it, see what she has to say and then delete her depending on what she says.

12. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

As kids we all do childish things...:eek:

I have quite a lot of old school friends on FB, it doesn't hurt to add... you can always remove...:D

Go for it & see what acheivements she has aspired to over the years & then tell her how great your life is...;)

13. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

lmao i of course agree wiv dingley go accept then brag lol.

i think were all on facebook lol im just tryin to figure out the farm thingy :eek:ut: :001_tt2: :smilewinkgrin:

14. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

Oh the Farm lol... Tj is always on the blooming thing...:D

15. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

People from school add me on bebo alot even though they all stopped talking to me once I was too ill for school. None of them ever talk so it's obvious they only want to see my profile but I accept them anyway. Last year after none of them talking to me I put I was getting a new camera.. They all wanted to know me and be my best friend once they knew what kind of camera I was getting :rolleyes: But ofcourse it died out and now I'm getting a new car on Friday it's all starting again.. They want to meet up with me and go out for the day but only when I have the new car. They must think I'm brainless and will let them use me :confused: Accept it and see if they have changed but in my experiance people don't change much!

16. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

My OH has the same problem. People who bullied him/havn't bothered with him in years are sending friend requests :rolleyes:
    He's ignoring them though :)

17. Rachael Babb

Rachael Babb PetForums Newbie

I would accept it just to see what she has to say- you don't have to create a new friendship or anything, you can always delete/block her if you want to. I am quite nosey though- sounds like you've found out enough by just looking on her profile but I would still be interested in talking to her.

18. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

I had a friendship request from one of my distant cousins once, of whom I absolutely detest. I accepted it and boy did she talk to me like dirt! :mad:

In the end I ended up telling her to stick her head down the toilet, and I felt better after doing it. :D

19. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Accept it, dont speak to her, wait.. if she doesnt speak she is obviously only being nosey - so delete her. If she does speak, hear her out and what she has to say for herself.. If your not liking what you hear, delete.
    At the end of the day, the friend delete button is only a click away ;)Some people change a lot in 12 years, some people dont. You dont know unless you accept it and find out for yourself :)

xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice