Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Should be...Interesting

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Patterdale_lover, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

As the title says...
    What I have planned for the weekend should be very interesting.
    If it is still hot me and whoever else is coming, are going down to the river that runs through my village, with two of my dogs Chester and Bess :) We are going to blow up a lilo and swim out into the middle of the river, Chester will undoubtdly follow, as he loves swimming! But we are going to a bit of swimming lessons for Bessie :) She has paddled a little bit today and seemed to enjoy it, but i think what put her off for taking the plunge was chester making whopping big splashes when he jumped in after his ball! :blushing:
    So we are going to see if she enjoys going any deeper, if not then she can sunbathe on the side!
    Anyone else go swimming with their dogs?
    P.S I'll take pictures! and crop me out of course! :001_tt2:

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

:eek: mind you don't get washed down the river in your lilo!

I'd love to go swimming with my dogs, but there's nowhere clean enough around here to swim in.... if I swam in any of our rivers or lakes i'd probably come out radioactive :rolleyes:

Have fun and keep safe ;)

3. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

Ditto for me too. River Thames... yuk!:eek: :eek:

Good luck on getting Bess to swim, I need to work out a way to get Daisy to jump into water. At the moment she will only go in if she can paddle/run her way in :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice