Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Should a rabbit really have veggies every day?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Merixie, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Merixie

Merixie PetForums Newbie

I’ve been trying to introduce slowly veggies for my rabbit but he’s really sensitive. I’ve been trying to introduce the same veggies for two months now, but he always get bloated when I increase, the amount he can eat it’s a tablespoon of veggies.

So I wonder should I keep trying or just stop and be happy with two leaves of herbs to my rabbit. I’m scared he will get gi stasis or diarrhea ( he have it only for one day if he get too much veggies but for a normal bunny it’s not even close)

My rabbit before never had problems with veggies.

2. anachronism

anachronism PetForums VIP

Mine don't get veggies everyday, majority of their diet is hay, with a 1 or 2 small handfuls of science selective pellets. (and the odd handful or two of grass in the warmer months)

Is it any particular veggies that bloat him or all?

3. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

@Merixie Timothy hay is supposed to be good for preventing bloat in rabbits.

4. Merixie

Merixie PetForums Newbie

My rabbit have free access to hay and get a tablespoon pellet. My rabbit bloat to nearly all veggies he eat, the only thing he can handle it’s spinach.

The hay my rabbit eat it’s timothy mixed with two other hay. Don’t have clean timothy hay in my country.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice