Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shocking story - Kitten Survives Crossbow Attack

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by britney365, Jun 24, 2009.

1. britney365

britney365 PetForums Newbie

Here is some Shocking story:

Dave the kitten has scratched off one of his nine lives after surviving for a week impaled with a crossbow bolt.

The unfortunate moggy found itself on the wrong end of the 14-inch projectile whilst outdoors.The bolt entered it’s neck and came out by it’s left leg, missing vital organs by a fraction of an inch.
    Dave eventually managed to find his way home in Terrington St Clement, Norfolk after seven days of agony.
    Andrew and Juliet Childerhouse and their daughters Hannah, 12, and Phoebe, 8, had lost Dave on June 2 and thought he was a goner.

However, the cat came back - one morning Hannah said she could hear Dave’s bell. Mrs Childerhouse said: “I looked out of the living room window and saw him with what looked like a play dart.
    ‘Hannah was screaming constantly - she could not go to school.”
    Mr Childerhouse added: “Dave could still walk around and looked comfortable. There was no blood showing from the wound. He was starving and very smelly.”

It’s not known who carried out the attack, but Mrs Childerhouse thinks it was ‘a clean shot at close range’.
    Dave was treated at Mill House Veterinary Surgery in King’s Lynn. Vet Sarah Colegrove said: “The arrow came out fairly easily but it looked as if the skin was trying to heal around it so it must have been there for several days.
    ‘Dave is the most amazing little cat. He is on strong antibiotics now and we are keeping our fingers crossed he comes out of this okay.”

Thank God that this cute kitten survived.

Cheers
    Britney

PS: Source: Kitten Survives Crossbow Attack | The Daily Dust | UK News | Good News

If you get time, get behind the save a pet campaign by registering at the below link and showing your much needed support.

2. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

Ah, god love the poor little thing! That's awful. Who could do such a thing, especially to a little kitten with a little face like that?!:crying:

3. Feebee

Feebee PetForums Newbie

How awful is this, I just cannot understand cruelty to animals and just hope that with these people what goes around comes around. Thank god that this poor wee mite survived. It makes you feel so helpless and bewildered at how cruel people can be.

4. pennywise

pennywise PetForums Member

I just read about this, its disgusting and the worst bit is whoever did it has got away with it and maybe the next animal wont be so lucky :cursing: :(

5. Shmitty!

Shmitty! PetForums Senior

******* Cowardly Bastards!!!:mad:

6. MarieAnn

MarieAnn PetForums Newbie

I saw this on the local tv and was truly shocked. How the poor little mite managed to walk home like that, with the bolt right through him! The tv showed him now peeping around the corner of a sofa, looking quite nervous, no wonder! But thankfully he looked none the worse for his awful ordeal.

7. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

It's beyond me how someone can do this and if they're capable of this level of cruelty to an innocent defenceless animal it frightens me to think of what they could do in the future.

Fiona

8. badbudgie

badbudgie PetForums Member

The kitten wasn't that young, it was in the Sun yesterday and he was about 10 months old I think.

Still horiffic, the correct picture looks exactly like my Mani...

9. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

this is horrific! I saw it today and I couldn't believe it. That lil one looks so much like my own cat! If anybody did that to Waffles I would rip their heads off!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice