Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shock! Horror!................You mean to say............

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mrs phas, Apr 5, 2017.

1. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

He really thought we didn't already know?
    but
    How sad that he felt he had to keep his happiness hidden for so long, in an industry that possibly has and, historically had, more gay than straight performers

He may look more like a plastic puppet these days, but I still, always have, and, always will, love the old showman anyway, so much so, in days gone by, I actually asked for one of his albums as a 21st birthday present

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-fans-homosexual-career-decades-a7668436.html

Maxine67 and Lurcherlad like this.
  2. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

Good for him ......I'm sure it still takes courage ...especially as his fans were female i suspect ....then again I was reading about a WW2 veteran who has just come out as Transgender so it's never too late! :)

J

Maxine67 and mrs phas like this.
  3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Very brave, it must have taken him a lot of courage for him to speak out.

Maxine67 likes this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

No great surprise! ;)

Maxine67 likes this.
  5. MrsZee

MrsZee Guest

Good for him to come out now - better late than never. Hopefully sooner than later no one needs to "come out" as there wouldn´t be anything to hide being a gay.

Maxine67 likes this.
  6. Maxine67

Maxine67 PetForums Member

Me too UOTE="mrs phas, post: 1064824948, member: 1411860"]He really thought we didn't already know?
    but
    How sad that he felt he had to keep his happiness hidden for so long, in an industry that possibly has and, historically had, more gay than straight performers

He may look more like a plastic puppet these days, but I still, always have, and, always will, love the old showman anyway, so much so, in days gone by, I actually asked for one of his albums as a 21st birthday present

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-fans-homosexual-career-decades-a7668436.html[/QUOTE]
    Me too! Have loved him for the last 35 year's, had fab times following his tours over the years and, no it isn't a surprise at all, but makes no difference - just such a shame he couldn't tell his story years ago

7. Creativecat

Creativecat PetForums Senior

Good for him
    Shame it took all these years . Maybe the law lords and Westminster can't show the same courage . I do love tht song I write the songs that made the whole world sing. How ironic he didnt write it
    :rolleyes:

Maxine67 likes this.
  8. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

I'm so disappointed. :(

Why can't the newspapers tell me something I didn't already know.

And if it had been any later, it may well have been never....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice