Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shock horror a carpet cleaner that works!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Beebuks, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Beebuks

Beebuks PetForums Member

I have to tell you all - i have just hired a Rug Doctor for the day (24 hours) and am AMAZED at the results. Our dining room carpet was dire (to the point i thought i would never get it clean and thus need replacing). I thought i would try a Rug Doctor for the day before getting in professional cleaners - and as if by magic the carpet is back to it's original colour!!

I will make it a yearly thing now!!

And before you all call me crazy having just got a puppy- i have got a Bissell hand held spot cleaner waiting for me at the sorting office!!!!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Mr Rude 'you've ruined the carpet and it'll cost ya' man from the letting agency! :thumbup:

2. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

This is exactly what I need. we are in the process of tarting our place up in order to put it on the market & the carpets look dreadful - a combination of animals, not taking shoes off & a very clumsy OH spilling drinks all the time!!
    How much was it to hire???

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I just use good old methylated spirits it works perfect and is cheap ;)

4. Beebuks

Beebuks PetForums Member

It was £19.99 for 24 hours and a bottle of cleaning shampoo stuff which was size dependant - i got a 2 ltr bottle which is for a 4 bed house and have half left for next time, which was £14.99. Good value methinks! I am really impressed. We are a no shoes household, however the floor was still bad, especially where the kids had spilt drinks, food etc, all gone!! Am so pleased.

BTW - got it from Johnsons dry cleaners in our local tescos but i know that you can get them from Homebase too!!!

5. Beebuks

Beebuks PetForums Member

PS would recommend doing it on a hot day too as carpets seem to be drying really quickly! :)

6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Brillaint, thanks for the info. I've been on the website & can see there's a DIY store just up the road that hires them out.
    I'll have to be really strict with everyone taking shoes off, no spilling drinks, no muddy paws, no messy cats dragging food in to the living room to eat, no dog slobbering chew sticks everywhere, etc!!! Even if it's just the space of time in which we can sell the place!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice