Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shivering?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by shirleystarr, Sep 27, 2013.

1. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Scooby for the past few days has started to shiver as if he is cold.
    It's nice and warm here so it can't be that.
    He is eating and drinking fine I have felt all along his body and legs and he does not seem to be in any pain. so I am not quite sure why this is .It is not all of the time but I have noticed it in the last few days when he is laying down so any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

2. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

harvey 'shivers' if something has spooked him, he's a very sensitive boy and any upset sends him off shivering but he's always been like it.

3. shirleystarr

Thanks for the reply the problem is he is never scared of anything nothing seems to bother him. Even on Bonfire night he just carries on as normal

4. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

harvey isn't bothered on bonfire night, he's fine with fireworks, it's upset with people in the house, or strange little things that upset him.

Maybe a trip to the vet for a check up?

5. Robnsacha

Robnsacha Guest

Sure i read somewhere they can shiver if they are to hot or cold. Sacha used to do it as a pup and this was during summer

6. shirleystarr

Think I may see the vet on Monday if it has not stopped as I believe dogs can shiver if they are in pain although he does not seem to be in pain.Just goggled dogs shivering and it could be his kidneys as we are not too sure how old he is. He was a rescue.

7. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Shivering can be a sign of pain.

With her age your right in taking her to the vets, something could be hurting that you cannot see x

8. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

There is a variety of reasons dog can shiver Cold, even being too hot as when they have a temperature, fear and if they are stressed, shock, form of seizure, low blood sugar will do it too, and pain or discomfort too. Ingestion of something toxic or toxic build up in the body for a variety of reasons can cause it.

Is he on any medication?

9. shirleystarr

Hi sled dog No he is no medication for anything at the moment
    Just checked his teeth and a few are rotten could that be it I wonder

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice