Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shihtzu started dribbling ?

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by chelseabond, Sep 25, 2016.

1. chelseabond

chelseabond PetForums Junior

Hya everyone
    I want to ask if anyone who has a shihtzu has ever had this problem
    Our 18 month old little girl shihtzu evie met my sons new 8 week old puppy shihtzu last nyt and she wanted to play but wouldnt and kept hiding and started dribbling terribly does anyone know why she dribbled , the hiding we knew she would cos shes timid but the dribbling ??

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Can be a sign of stress, I believe?

3. chelseabond

We thought this ... Does anyone else out that has a shihtzu know more about this please any suggestions wud help
    We have had her since she was a baby . And she is well looked after and loved . We took her yesterday to see my sons new puppy hes a darlin a puppy shihtzu and we made lots of fuss of our evie the whole time but she wouldnt go near him . He wanted to play and for moment she was going to she just watched him from a distance . We gave her treats and played with her too. But ive never seen her dribble ever so it was hard. I did constatly keep wiping her by the way ..

4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

What's she like normally with other dogs?

5. Pixie2010

Pixie2010 PetForums Senior

My shih tzu is a dribbler. She doesn't really do puppies, so avoids and dribbles. She is 6 and has always been this way. Fine around other dogs generally. Our puppy, Dot, is now 10 months, and whilst she tolerates her there is no dribbling.
    She also dribbles on walks. Have no idea why!!

6. chelseabond

Hya shes normally shall i say timid when we are out walking with her she will let other dogs approach her and she will sniff them but thats it. Shes not really interested other than that, shes the same with people but as soon as she gets to know them shes fine.. We took her to my sons again yesterday and she wasnt dribbling as much and di walk past the puppy she wagged her tail a little cos the puppy so wanted to play with her but she wont have it , so we leve to do wot she wants . She will have to relaise that the puppy is here to stay i guess but we make lots of fuss of her too. Never had this dribbling though at all x

7. chelseabond

Shes normally timid but not nasty , just kinda has a sniff and then not interested really

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice