Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

She's home!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, Mar 27, 2011.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

We've just got back from the park with the 3 loons :D Ginger Ninja is home!!

they're getting on fine, they're all knackered atm, so she's just had a sniff about, and they've all been fed and are now chillin :001_smile:

My god this girl pigs out, she's had tonnes of treats up the park, and when we put the bowl down she practically threw herself at it!! She didnt eat it she inhaled it!! She eats like she has never seen food before, but she is REALLY skinny, she has a lot of weight to put on poor girl :(

she has a cut right in between her eyes, some staffy at the park started attacking all the dogs that went near it :mad: she's ok its a tiny scratch, just a bit bloody

i was VERY naughty, and left my SD card in my laptop i do have a few pics though that i got on my fone, and there was a girl there with a camera who gave me her flickr details so i will get them and put them on here too, i think squidge has some aswell

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I can't wait for the pics :D :D :D

3. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

Glad to hear she's settling in well so far and am looking forward to photos!
    I'd definitely recommend an anti-gulp bowl or similar if you haven't already got one. Breeze is a professional food-inhaler from regular bowls (force of habit, having to eat before her old kennelmates could pinch it) but her anti-gulp more than doubles the time taken for her to eat a meal ;)

ETA: This is the one Breeze has, it's really heavy so she doesn't try to flip it to get the food out faster: http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/d...dogit-dog-anti-gulping-bowl-black-medium.html

#3 Thorne, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  4. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Cant wait for the pics :D

5. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

i was thinking of adding water, that always slows the other 2 down. We'll see how that works and if it doesnt then we'll get her a proper bowl for it, she dived in and half the biscuits flew out!

She was starved and beated til the people before us got her tho :mad:

6. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

Poor girl, can't blame them with a history like that can you :(
    Well done for adding her to your pack!

7. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I know :( Im amazed at her temperament though, shes great with all dogs, and her tail goes mad whenever anyone walks through the door :001_wub:

8. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

I'm glad the meet went well :D i can't wait to see some pic's

9. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Awww Yeahy congratulations x

10. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Yay! Hope you have a lovely first evening! :D

11. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Yippeeeee....sounds like good fun has been had by all today and that she was just waiting to join your family.

What a tease though....you talk about pics then tell us you haven't actually got them ready to post yet. Get them on soon, we all want a share in this happiness x

12. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Welcome home puppy :)

You can put toys or large heavy stones in the bowl to slow down the speed eating too.

Can't wait to see some pics :D

13. chianya

chianya PetForums Senior

she is lovely congrats that bloody staff it went 4 suki too

14. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Am so pleased for you - am also really looking forward to pics!!!! :D

15. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Good Luck! Hope she settles in well! Congrats! :D

Can't wait for the pictures! :)

16. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

So glad all went ok. I cant wait to see the pics:D. I saw some bowls with different compartments in so it slows them down when they eat. I did that with the last 2 pups who gulped their food. I fed them with a plastic plate you serve dips in but I dont think that would work for a adult dog;)

17. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

So glad it all went well and you got her home safe. My little Bella sibe who was a rescue and was starved and underweight when she came into welfare, was like that when eating when I first got her and for a long time after. I remember the first night I got her home it made me tearful to see the way she ate it was so pitiful.

Poor little thing only 6mths, and already had at least 3 homes now including yours, and already been subject to previous cruelty. Thats one thing though Ive heard about sibes many times before from the ex welfare secretary, no matter what terrible lifes they previously endured and whatever amount of cruelty, none seemed to turn and become aggresive or mistrusting, or if they were mistrusting to a degree, you could always turn them around. Says a lot about this wonderful stoic breed.

18. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

yea she is amazing, still a bit nippy like a young pup, but that wont take long to sort out. She is always so happy to see us, she jumped all over OH and licked his face when he got home even though she has never met him.

It was so horrible to see her eat like that, funny at 1st until you realise WHY they're like that :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice