Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shes home - and its a year since...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Chance, May 17, 2010.

1. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

Chance broke her leg and I'm pleased to say she is home again and doing great!

Well actually a year yesterday since that awful morning when I was asked to PTS due to the injuries suffered.

(a reminder to those who missed it)
    http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-health-nutrition/41653-broken-leg-poor-chance.html

If she was to write a book (difficult I know!) then I suspect it would be one hell of a read:

1 - Thrown out onto the streets at 8 weeks and left to stray
    2 - Fostered by us a week later
    3 - 12 months old and breaks her leg - Just as we are preparing to emigrate!
    4 - Fostered for a month by a wonderful family until she is strong enough to make journey
    5 - Put in a box and flown to Australia
    6 - 30 days spent in quarantine then
    7 - an hour flight to be re-united with us
    8 - Fostered again as my pregnant wife developed an awful allergy to her
    9 - Returned home and I'm pleased to say she is currently asleep on her bed, in the lounge with my wife watching TV on the sofa!

The allergy is still there, yet by cleaning 'Chance' down (a rub with a damp facecloth after every walk) and her sleeping in the garage the problem is all but gone!

We are very happy and very excited about welcoming the new 'Mini-me' into the family in about 6 weeks!

Proof is ever you needed it that there will always be a happy ending - even if you can't imagine how at some point...
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

2. Sidsmum

Sidsmum PetForums Junior

I just went back and read a lot of your old posts about Chance breaking her leg and your plans to move to Australia etc. She is one very lucky dog to have you as her owner, you have been through so much, I have complete admiration for you and hope you have many, many more happy years together.

3. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

Thanks Sidsmum - She has put us through it a bit! And she is most definately a bit special. Although sometimes I'm not sure why!!!

For a Dog that I paid £20 for a the rescue centre - I have since paid out over £4500 in vet bills and flights!

Worth every penny? Oh yeah!

4. Sidsmum

Sidsmum PetForums Junior

They get you like that don't they? Mine is a lab x springer and looked very like Chance as a youngster. She looks a lovely girl and I am sure she will repay you a 100 times in love and fun!

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I'm so pleased to read that your wife has managed to control her allergies.
    It's been quite a life journey Chance has been on with you so far.
    I think you'll have an amazing family with 'mini me' arriving soon.
    Thank you for the update.

6. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I'm really pleased to have an update on Chance, I often think about her :)

She's a tough one, your Chance isnt she! Glad to hear that she is settled with you in Austrailia :)
    She is well worth it I'm sure, and what a great owner you are :)

*Heidi*

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Welcome back! And I'm so glad things have worked out for you! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice