Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

shes already quite big ....

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by purrlover, May 11, 2010.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

Hi all , just wondered if anyone as any advice/info for me regarding my queen , this is her 1st litter , shes nearly 1(1st june) , her mum had largish litters (5 &6's) she is very slight of frame normally ( she called for long periods , so had to mate her a little bit sooner than myself , vet or stud owner really wanted ) she had no confirmed matings when she went to the studs , but after about 3 days the stud owner "knew" the deed had been done she stayed 3 more days at the studs and towards the end of her stay was very loved up indeed :thumbup: she picked up and is now well into her pregnancy (5 weeks and 4 days) . My question is, Honey is showing loads on both sides of her tummy and its very very rounded and has that pregnancy wobble :scared: does this mean its likley to be a largest litter? or bigger kittens ?or just normal size but cos she is slight normally shes just not hiding the bulge very well

i will try to post a pic in a min

julie xx

http://www.ameekamanx.com/

#1 purrlover, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

pics ive just taken of Honey .. please excuse im no david bailey :)
    5 weeks honey 001.jpg

5 weeks honey 003.jpg

5 weeks honey 004.jpg

3. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

Bless her! She looks like a pretty little barrel. I've no idea with regards to your question, sorry. Just didn't want to read and run.
    xx

4. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Hi, i wouldn't worry too much. I worried all through Poppies pregnancy as she looked HUGE from week 3/4 and just got bigger, she was so big by Saturday she couldn't even clean her bottom.

As you know she gave birth to 2 kittens, one 110g and the other she didn't let me weigh but is now 210g!

What I did have with Poppy which I didn't have with Misty was a huge gush of fluid and I do mean gush it actually came as she contracted and my jeans were all wet and the box very wet. I was convinced she was having 4 or 5. Her mother had 8! :eek:

Don't worry, if it turns out to be huge litter and her body does not feel like its coping perhaps some will be reabsorbed. Don't worry though, she looks fine and very lovely.

I now wish I had not worried as much as I did. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice