Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

shes actually a he??!!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kelly-m-e, Aug 4, 2009.

1. kelly-m-e

kelly-m-e PetForums Member

Hi every1!

Thought id let you in on my weird day, I went down to my rabbit in her shed this morning to take sum veg n food etc, when I thought I seen a drop of blood on the floor (turns out my mom had took some tomatoes down to her before I got up! So don't worry lol) anyways.... I started checking her over and couldn't see anything. So I decided to check her bits just in case! And to my suprise a wee rabbit winkle popped out!
    So I took what was her to my grandad (he used to breed rabbits a long long time ago) and he confirmed....
    YES, EBONY TURNS OUT TO BE A BOY! My little princess is now my prince!

I had picked out a stud for her and everything for her when she was old enough! So I had to ring the woman up and explain my situation, luckily she found it totally funny!

I find it difficult to believe iv never checked his sex b4 and its hard to look at him and call him a boy after 6 whole months of being 'my wickle princess' x

2. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

When I first got Charlie I was told he was a she and named "her" Daisy. After taking "her" to the vets for a health check when I brought "her" home the vet told me she is in fact a little he and so his name was changed to Charlie and now I have a little nethie called Daisy.

3. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Ha ha, are you going to keep the name Ebony or change it lol?

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

this is such a common problem with rabbits, even vets can get it wrong. I guess they can mature a lot later than cats and dogs and have all that fur. Ii'm sure u'll love him just as much :)

5. kelly-m-e

Iv done it with my 1st cat aswell... he was called sassy until he went to the vets and came home sammy! But that was when I was 11, so I guess not a lots changed for me over the past 9 years lol!!

I think I'm keeping the name ebony, I know its a bit girly but he already comes when I call him so its not fair changing it!!

6. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Only time its completely obvious whether a bun is male or female is when the balls drop and its obviously a boy I think. :p

7. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

LOL poor ebony will think he is gay now being called princess all the time!

This happened with my first cat to from the RSPCA.
    Got as a baby and was supposed to be a girl called Kizzy, but he started to grow a pair so we mentioned it to RSPCA...they offered to exchange for a girl. Like I could give him up, so he was then called Gizzy and is a grand old age of 16 now! x

8. kelly-m-e

I'm glad I'm not the only 1 who's done it lol!
    I can't believe they were going to swap him for a girl, then again it is the RSPCA, what more can I say! You still love them even if they are a girl or a boy!! It doesn't matter at all really... just a bit of a shock lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice