Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sheltielady

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sheltielady, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Sheltielady

Sheltielady PetForums Junior

Hi all,
    I joined this wonderful site today. I have had dogs for over 33 years since childhood. I grew up with 2 lively & nutty border collie x springer spaniels, they were sisters. At 18 I had the first dog of my own, Scampi a collie x sheltie. 11 years ago I had my first purebred Sheltie, my beautiful Dennis a tri-boy from rescue and a year later got my second Sheltie Dazzle a sable girl. As it says in the Sheltie books "once you have you're first Sheltie you become a lifer!" Certainly true in my case! Sadly Dennis died last year and Dazzle died too young 2 years earlier-still trying to get over the shock! At least they are reunited with Scampi at Rainbow Bridge.

I have had Betty a shaded sable for 2 & half years, (she really helped Dennis to be himself again after Dazzle died) and Luana a blue merle for just over 2 months. Betty is 3yrs old and Lu is 5yrs old and Lu settled in almost as soon as she walked through the door - like she'd been here before! I also have my friends Sheltie to stay so sometimes I have 3 in the house!

I feel honoured to have been blessed with such special dogs in my life, they mean the world to me and I will always miss the ones who have gone before especially Dennis, my four-legged soul mate and very special gentle boy.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

"If there is a heaven, it's certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to disentangle them." quote by Pat Brown.

#1 Sheltielady, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF...hope you enjoy your stay...:D

3. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

They are truly a special breed.;) Welcome to the forum and if you have some pics would be great..:D

4. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum,i look forward to seeing some pics of your dogs.please. lol.:D:D

5. Sheltielady

Sheltielady PetForums Junior

Thanks for welcoming me. Will upload some pics as soon as I've worked out how to do it. Still getting used to the computer! Lol:)

6. Deerhounder

Deerhounder PetForums Senior

A warm welcome from another newbie.

Our first Sheltie is now 14 months old. She is also a shaded sable. My husband says he wishes we had bought one years ago. Our Kenna is a magic little dog. Highly intelligent and eager to please. Happy to race around for hours with our Whippet when we take her to the farm. Just as happy to curl up beside me while I read or use the computer. They really are great little dogs.

7. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

8. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

Yea another sheltie owner :D, welcome and I'm another one that can't wait to see pictures of your wee ones.

Terri

9. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

Hi Sheltie lady welcome to the forum . i have roughs:biggrin: look forward to chatting with you sometime x

10. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Welcome to PF xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice