UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of cat do you have, longhair moggy, shorthair moggy or a certain breed... and how much do they shed?

Do you think yours shedded more this summer just gone (yes fols apparently that was a summer!)?

My BSH shedded quite a bit this year but I think it was down to the hot/cold/hot weather as he seems very healthy otherwise.

Do you find long/semi long or shorthairs shed the most?

Do you think its an individual cat thing too?

Its part and parcel of being a cat slave anyway, nothing that a good few lint rollers won't solve :thumbup1: I'm just curious.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
my rescue moggy shorthair shed alot more this year than last year and more than my mc's.
mc studboy hasnt shed at all this year but hes outside, mc queens not much shedding was much more last year though.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
My BSH, Loki used to shed LOTS, all year round. Every stroke yielded lots of fur....but since we've eliminated dry food to get him to lose weight, the shedding has virtually stopped, it's astounding really as he did shed tonnes before. Our Maine Coon is still only 5 months old and doesn't seem to shed at all, yet!

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,455 Posts
Meeko ..Ragdoll - sheds but not massive amounts and most of it comes out with brushing/combing he is done more or less daily as he loves it.

The 2 of my last 3 cats were short haired and seemed to shed constantly and their hairs,which were like needles stuck to everything :rolleyes:
Long haired cats are definitely easier :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.