Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shed to hutch

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Tink82, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

So the shed is not really working for us for various reasons.. So I will be ordering a hutch for the buns next week.. Has anyone got any suggestions??

2. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

Ok I won't go in to the why's about your situations but I can recommend this company for very good quality hutches. They do 6x3ft on stock but will make anything to measure so go the biggest you can. They do runs, enclosures ect. Plus they deliver. They are fab in my opinion

3. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

Lot's of reasons why the shed is no good for any of us, no point listing them as I can't get round some of them. I have tried and it's just not possible to do what I need to do etc etc..

Have you got a link?

4. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

My buns shed didn't work out either :( We have settled for a hutch and large fully enclosed run but it was from an online shop not sure which one I bought it quite a while ago. sorry I've been any help but just wanted to say don't feel bad about the shed not working out, what's right for some isn't necessarily right for all ;) xxxx

Good luck with your search for a hutch xx

5. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

6. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

Can you not put the hutch in the shed and they can still have the large area to live in?
    Mine have a 8x4ft shed with a 5ft triple level hutch in it.

7. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

It's not the shed really, it's the location of it! I can't move it and DD and myself struggle to get to it.. I dread cleaning it out everytime. I just don't want to feel like that, want to enjoy them not dread it :(

8. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

9. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

Ahh thanks hun :) reassuring, feel bad coming on here and deciding to do the opposite to everyone else! I've done it all backwards they have gone form house to shed and now to hutch lol!!

Also forgot to say, some **** went into the shed the other night mooching for tools, obviously found rabbits and left it wide open :eek::eek::eek::eek: luckily they were nervously sniffing around the shed area when we got up, how they didn't escape I'll never know.. or worse :(

10. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Hi Tink

Sorry to hear the sheds not working out.

Try asking your local RSPCA or animal charity. They may have some old donated hutches they no longer need (give them a good clean tho). or they may know a handy man that can build you a decent solid one at a good price.

I think these look ok but you would still need to screw some bolts in.
    The Big Big Rabbit Hutch Palace 6ft

I have just brought a decent solid 6ft wide x 2.5 ft deep and 6ft heigh shed for £100 from a local company in Taunton. It would make a great bunny home but I need it for hay storage. Hutches are so expensive for what they are.

11. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

Yeah the shed was cheaper! wow that company has the same hutch as the one I looked at but £100 more :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice