UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i'm worried and wondered if any one can help. my 18 month old gsd won't get out of bed and hasn't since thursday 18th oct, she didn't eat at all yesterday too. nothing has changed to the family enviroment. im just so worried, i know animals get there off days but how long will it last and wen shud i seek professional advice. please help:confused1:

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
hello, i'm worried and wondered if any one can help. my 18 month old gsd won't get out of bed and hasn't since thursday 18th oct, she didn't eat at all yesterday too. nothing has changed to the family enviroment. im just so worried, i know animals get there off days but how long will it last and wen shud i seek professional advice. please help:confused1:
When should you seek professional advice?! Erm, last Friday should have been when if she'd refused to get out of bed the day before, it should never have been left this long! She needs to see a vet immediately - even if that means calling the vet to your house.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
If this isnt a wind up, (which I seriously suspect it is) then the time to seek professional help was the 18th Oct, ring a vet and do it now, nobody can possibly advise on this kind of condition over the internet.

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
what cud be the problem, she not in pain, she still comes for her cuddles and she runs like a maniac wen we take her out for a walk x
It could be a whole manner of things - and the vet is the only one who will be able to accurately tell you. You need to take her NOW!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok maybe i shud av explained in a bit more detail. last thursday on the 18th october, my step daughter popped round with her new baby. he is 3 weeks old and such a beautiful thing. As he is so small i had to keep skye in the kitchen, because she is such a curious dog. The baby had a little accident on the rug in living room which i cleaned up and tried to disguise the scent. Since then my puppy, my best friend who before then wud follow me around religously and sleep in living room with me while i wud watch tele. Or just follow me around anyway has stopped now. She has eaten little not her usual amount. Yesterday she didn't eat at all, but she will eat our leftovers. she never eat at all because i told the family not to give her tid bits because i wanted skye to eat her own food as that's better for her. we are not in a habit of giving her leftover's she gets it if she eats her own food first usually. I thought that sky had gotten a bit jealous after the baby was in our house and i have tried to show skye that she is my baby and showed her more than usual love and affection. but she will just get back into her bed. She will get up and have a wander around and she will go out to relieve herself. and she still loves to go for run on the feild, acting like the cat got the cream. I don't think it's anything medical i'm thinking more of it's an emotional thing. does any one have any suggestions please.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
ok maybe i shud av explained in a bit more detail. last thursday on the 18th october, my step daughter popped round with her new baby. he is 3 weeks old and such a beautiful thing. As he is so small i had to keep skye in the kitchen, because she is such a curious dog. The baby had a little accident on the rug in living room which i cleaned up and tried to disguise the scent. Since then my puppy, my best friend who before then wud follow me around religously and sleep in living room with me while i wud watch tele. Or just follow me around anyway has stopped now. She has eaten little not her usual amount. Yesterday she didn't eat at all, but she will eat our leftovers. she never eat at all because i told the family not to give her tid bits because i wanted skye to eat her own food as that's better for her. we are not in a habit of giving her leftover's she gets it if she eats her own food first usually. I thought that sky had gotten a bit jealous after the baby was in our house and i have tried to show skye that she is my baby and showed her more than usual love and affection. but she will just get back into her bed. She will get up and have a wander around and she will go out to relieve herself. and she still loves to go for run on the feild, acting like the cat got the cream. I don't think it's anything medical i'm thinking more of it's an emotional thing. does any one have any suggestions please.
Here's a suggestion: GO TO THE VETS

ANY personality change needs to be looked at by the vets. Any 'emotional thing' (hah!) needs to be looked at by the vets. You have no idea if your dog is in pain, you're using an amateur opinion, dogs have very high pain thresholds and can walk around with dislocated hips without even showing pain. Take your dog to the vets.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
what cud be the problem, she not in pain, she still comes for her cuddles and she runs like a maniac wen we take her out for a walk x
I think those two bolded statements are a bit of a contradiction. Either she hasn't got out of bed since last Thursday (5 days ago) and there's something wrong with her, or she's being taken for walks and running around like a maniac. Which is it :confused:.

There's no-one on here who can diagnose your dog, only your vet can do that. As has already been said, TAKE HER TO THE VET.

·
Registered
23,248 Posts
You def need to take her to the vets....she could be having growing pains in her legs or be suffering from a high temperature which cold make her quieter and less keen to move and socialize. None of which you will know until you get her checked out though!
As to the behaviour I would just try and get things back to normal TBH. If you make tons of fuss of her whilst she is unsure or nervous then you are just confirming her fears...Treat her as normal and dont fall into the trap of pandering to food fads or else you will be feeding her scraps forever!

Def vets first though!!;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.